London work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the post but no amount of money will get me working in London again. No offence im a northern bloke and like it this end where folk are friendly and actually talk to you should you ask them a question in the street or for help in anyway?? Worked next door to dissgraced polatician Peter Mandleson he complained because we took the piss everytime his boyfriend turned up on his scooter. The ibis hotel was ok but the local pubs were over priced and shite

I've never worked in London but went there four years ago looking for work things were that bad here.Could have got a start but with the cost of living it was'nt viable.Did a one off house on a Scottish island a couple of years ago,a stunning part of the world.

I've never worked in London but went there four years ago looking for work things were that bad here.Could have got a start but with the cost of living it was'nt viable.Did a one off house on a Scottish island a couple of years ago,a stunning part of the world.

That's the only problem mate it costs a lot

I liked the post but no amount of money will get me working in London again. No offence im a northern bloke and like it this end where folk are friendly and actually talk to you should you ask them a question in the street or for help in anyway?? Worked next door to dissgraced polatician Peter Mandleson he complained because we took the piss everytime his boyfriend turned up on his scooter. The ibis hotel was ok but the local pubs were over priced and shite
No amount of money ?

Once u get used to it it ain't so bad, city centre is just a place full of stressed out people doing long hours (apart from plasterers haha) when you live there U don't notice the bits u speak about as much, I've been places away from London and even if your friendly, as soon as they here your accent they seem abit wary? Or maybe it was just because the bullet and stab proof vest I had on

'And even if your friendly' lol

In fairness they are probably amazed at someone with a London accent being friendly, hence the facial expression [emoji23][emoji23]
I hear you brother never met an ignorant set of people in London did some work at Yates Leister Square and we tried to get a fry up and all the cafe/ food places nobody could speak english so i got wound up and wandered into soho for a drink lol

Londons a great city to live in, history, architecture, pubs, Thames etc. great transport system if you want to work across the city. I keep myself to a 3 mile radius from where I live cos I can't be arsed using trains/ tubes etc .
The people are friendly but obviously not to northern folk

I love going to London, it means I can leave the house on time @6:15 the latest so I can get out of changing nappies making brekkie. If working in finchley that's only half hour for me I hate going to Richmond, Wimbledon or anywhere near Victoria as it can take 2-3 hours to get there but it's worth it money wise. People ain't all rude either, London is the most diverse for culture and nationality you have to accept that and live with it. However I do avoid it to work for Russians, worked for a few wasn't a pleasant environment.

Londons a great city to live in, history, architecture, pubs, Thames etc. great transport system if you want to work across the city. I keep myself to a 3 mile radius from where I live cos I can't be arsed using trains/ tubes etc .
The people are friendly but obviously not to northern folk
Your not kidding f**k**g cnuts lol ;)

Londons great,wouldn't want to live there,loooool only joking, just up the road from me,been to some great shows up there with the wife and kids when they where younger,got some great bars if you want to pay £8 a pint looool

"Loooooooooool" Can't help reading that as if it says ghoooouuuuulll! In a ghostly kind of voice. Or do you laugh out out out out out out out out out loud :hola:

Status
Not open for further replies.