London renderers?

Looking for someone that can render a building in North London. My renderer fell through, scaffolding is all in place and ready to go. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Is wait till spring or pray we get good weather

Th

There will be loads of members on here in your area, some don't come on for weeks on end. @essexandy is this far from you? @Marshy is good with this gear and likes to get about as is @madmonk .be patient and keep your thread alive by reposting in it ( people miss posts) you could also try donating in our charity fundraiser...

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/you-can-now-donate.73684/
Cheers mate but I think the external we're on now will be the last outside we do until spring, unless there's inside work to fall on to.

Th

There will be loads of members on here in your area, some don't come on for weeks on end. @essexandy is this far from you? @Marshy is good with this gear and likes to get about as is @madmonk .be patient and keep your thread alive by reposting in it ( people miss posts) you could also try donating in our charity fundraiser...

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/you-can-now-donate.73684/

Thanks! There is a tin roof on the scaffolding currently so wall is protected from rain.

So I got this rendered and it looks amazing... Except when the sun shines on it. Granted the aspect of the building means the sun catches the building at a sharp angle, so imperfections will look worse, but is this acceptable?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-02-19-494_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-02-19-494_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-02-55-995_com.miui.gallery.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-02-55-995_com.miui.gallery.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 346
So I got this rendered and it looks amazing... Except when the sun shines on it. Granted the aspect of the building means the sun catches the building at a sharp angle, so imperfections will look worse, but is this acceptable?
The airbricks look particularly pretty. It is really difficult to give an honest opinion from a photo on the rendering in general. For how much of the day does it look like this?

It's in the shade for 70% of the day. The sun never catches it straight on or even close to straight on so it's hard to tell how bad it actually is (or isn't).

Just to add, it wasn't done by anyone on this forum.

Last edited:
Air brick detail look awful, why didn’t they just replace and finish flush with the render, not only that, the recess will hold dirt and run down the surface after a while.

Could you kind of tell me from posting on here originally to actually accepting the quote for work how easy or hard it was to get someone

Could you kind of tell me from posting on here originally to actually accepting the quote for work how easy or hard it was to get someone

No one from here quoted (one person came, but didn't give me a quote as he had too much other work on in relation to the small weather window we had). The job was either too small a job or wrong time of year. I ended up finding someone local and we got lucky with warm weather just before xmas. Scaffold came down the other week and with sunny weather the true quality of work revealed itself.

I can forgive it not looking amazing in raking sunlight for half an hour a day as this will affect all render but the details around those vents is shockingly poor.

I think it looks pants....

if for an hour a day it looks bad then maybe but I think that would look bad at night as well

No one from here quoted (one person came, but didn't give me a quote as he had too much other work on in relation to the small weather window we had). The job was either too small a job or wrong time of year. I ended up finding someone local and we got lucky with warm weather just before xmas. Scaffold came down the other week and with sunny weather the true quality of work revealed itself.
So are you after a quote for Tyrolean now

So are you after a quote for Tyrolean now

No, I think I'm going to have to live with it. I'm just trying to understand how much if fuss j should make to the renderer. It's already paid for so I'm not holding my breath on getting anything back.

No, I think I'm going to have to live with it. I'm just trying to understand how much if fuss j should make to the renderer. It's already paid for so I'm not holding my breath on getting anything back.
I reckon you'd be a lovely shade of blue if you did hold your breath waiting for some money back.

It'll settle.

Ok so I shouldn't give them too much of a hard time with it? Have them pencilled in to do a load of plastering (which they have done some already and is to a good standard). Thanks for everyone's input.

Ok so I shouldn't give them too much of a hard time with it? Have them pencilled in to do a load of plastering (which they have done some already and is to a good standard). Thanks for everyone's input.
You should at least tell them to sort those airbricks out. God knows how but they are a disgrace.

Hide with hanging baskets , house number plate or security light mounted on a rain cover ( leave suitable ventilation )
Will distract your eyes from the smooth sandpit