Loft winders

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazspread

Hi,

I've got a set of tight winders to a loft conversion to board/eml and plaster. Plastered many but not built from scratch so wondered if any of you guys had any tips. Eml and bond or strips of board and bond? Got a feeling it's gonna be a bit of a bitch!

Cheers
Gaz

hate them things one thing i have done over years is make me some plasic slickers of different shapes ans sizes to help get in some of those weird spots me personally id prob strip board and bond

We have been doing a few latley and its best to batten them out to fix the mesh and any straight parts board then bond and skim.

rockhardsolidplastering said:
hate them things one thing i have done over years is make me some plasic slickers of different shapes ans sizes to help get in some of those weird spots me personally id prob strip board and bond
plastic slickers, instead of a trowel because of the shape? what do you make them out of

eml it and then u have to p rick it out first and then scratch it and then form the shape all using bonding but use the same size trowel as u are going to skim it with.somtimes u cam put a spounge float in a plastic bag to help trowel up ;)

Also make sure the mesh is tight as the other day i was doing one and our lab put the mesh on as i was scraping the stairs i had a thud to the back of my head and i had bonding matted in my hair not nice :mad:

steve cov said:
rockhardsolidplastering said:
plastic slickers, instead of a trowel because of the shape? what do you make them out of
buckets mainly but anything plastic i have a box off all shapes ans sizes come in handy sometimes

i vaguely remember someone saying on here once that they keep ice cream boxes in the van.

i saw a chippy stuff fiberglass under the eml first to help stop the bonding going through ;D

flat boy skim said:
i saw a chippy stuff fiberglass under the eml first to help stop the bonding going through ;D

yeah so you should. else it will all goo out the other side of the eml and make a mess ;D

Thanks for the advice. Did it today, built a frame with battens, eml, bonded, finish coat, looked quality. Looking forward to next one and I'll put in a decent price! Sponge in a bag worked well but gonna make some trowels from plastic to keep in the van for next time. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.