Local builders and developers and local people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same bud, it's fcked up that 5 years ago 21 years of age! I was in a better position than I am now..

Got a couple of builder mates that stretched them selves at the right time bought 1 property rented it out and used it as and asset on the next and so on and so on.

One of them has 11 properties now at 32. All tied up but early retirement and a comfortable life to come.
Fairplay to him, you have to take risks to reap rewards.

We keep being told , construction is at best flat lining or at worst still contracting.
However , i was looking through the financial paper yesterday and construction out preformed every other section of the ftse 100 last week. So the people with real money , the investors know something we dont.

its all media spin........good news isnt good news, bad news sells papers..............:RpS_thumbup:

The property game is risky, lots of external influences on its success or failure, an earthquake or tsunami or you will laugh at this banks ******* up and losing our money, every political decision makes a difference, war breaking out makes a difference, London is moving because the rest of the world has no faith in the rest of Europe or the states for investment purposes.

Well i like traveling to jobs away from home , i have alway done it, i sometimes i think theer must be a guy like me going the other way on the motorway to do the same job where i live , and it make it a wast of money as if he did the job in his town and i did the job in mine !! it would save all the travel /accommodation ........lol

Im working to get into property development i boughtmy first house at 21 now 3 years on aiming to get second house as the rent from this one covers the mortgage and some.
But as im midlands based house prices are cheap and alot seem to be getting repos so there is money to be made but you have you have to be clever.

Luckily doing what we do is a good help as we can make any thing look pretty.
No bank of mum and dad here just good old hard graft and some good teachers along the way.

Well i like traveling to jobs away from home , i have alway done it, i sometimes i think theer must be a guy like me going the other way on the motorway to do the same job where i live , and it make it a wast of money as if he did the job in his town and i did the job in mine !! it would save all the travel /accommodation ........lol

It's so true mate! I have always worked in manchester even when I lived in Liverpool, many if I'm honest because the money was better but even still it seemed like the norm for many men, lpool - manc manc-lpool

We worked Basingstoke ,godalming in Surrey, Enfield, so how many Home Counties were heading into London as I was heading out

Where in Midlands you from E L ? I'm midlands too ( great bridge , Tipton) I'm looking at renting my current property out, moving into the mother in laws too try save a big enough deposit to get another property....... I must be cooking mental lol

Are i know tipppon lol the lost city and the tibby...

Im in brierley hill at the moment but originally from wolverhampton mate how you finding work at the momentare you busy?

I used to know a director of a medium sized building company very well. He was telling me that after the last recession in 1990 prices went up but the rates they were paying to their contractors stayed low that how they went from being a small company to a medium siezed one. Me thinks the same is happening now but on a worse scale.

Totally agree John.... Also why is site work given to jumped-up suite wearing recruitment agencies? Earning money on my hard graft, All they do is answer a few calls!!

Status
Not open for further replies.