Live Q&A with British Gypsum, Friday 1 May

Members online

Would you like a zoom chat or pre-posted questions?

• Zoom video chat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got to be honest I really think there is only 1 question.

When will merchants have good levels of stock from.
Agreed. This whole question and answer is completely pointless. Just give us a rough timescale on production and where that production will go first! There's now a days worth of stock made from BG, where's it headed? Where's today's stock headed? Etc

Why make us all wait over a week to answer a simple question? This is all our livelihoods

It’s because they are closing coal fired power stations . The ash that is produced is what they use in the knauf and sinait boards . They are white inside and cut nicer . They BG boards are basically made from finish .
Really? I just assumed that BG boards were made from the chewing gum taken up from pavements, hence the lumps of grit in them.

Agreed. This whole question and answer is completely pointless. Just give us a rough timescale on production and where that production will go first! There's now a days worth of stock made from BG, where's it headed? Where's today's stock headed? Etc

I'm trying not to be to critical but I hope there not going to think there doing us a favour by doing it.

They have a complete monopoly and we are at there mercy they should be absolutely slaughtered for not maintaining stock levels for the last 2 years so really hope they dont come on think there the saviours for actually just doing what they should be doing in the 1st place.

I'm trying not to be to critical but I hope there not going to think there doing us a favour by doing it.

They have a complete monopoly and we are at there mercy they should be absolutely slaughtered for not maintaining stock levels for the last 2 years so really hope they dont come on think there the saviours for actually just doing what they should be doing in the 1st place.
We all know how it's going to go.
"When can we buy multi again?"
"Well we're working as quickly as we can to safely manufacture the levels of product needed although this will take abit of time."
"How long do you reckon though?"
"It's impossible to give a definite answer. It'll be as quickly as we can and we'll keep you updated"
"Just a rough timescale?"
"Any other questions?"

We all know how it's going to go.
"When can we buy multi again?"
"Well we're working as quickly as we can to safely manufacture the levels of product needed although this will take abit of time."
"How long do you reckon though?"
"It's impossible to give a definite answer. It'll be as quickly as we can and we'll keep you updated"
"Just a rough timescale?"
"Any other questions?"
If it goes like that, then it’ll quickly descend into chaos!

[QUOTE="Cockney1, post: 1357365, member: 21973"]
Who is this grass....... oops I mean source and how reliable are they??

[/QUOTE]

You will see...June was always the end of lockdown and this is a reliable source...unless it's been subject to Chinese whispers but I don't think thats likely only 3 in the chain. Lets see if BG dispute.

Why make us all wait over a week to answer a simple question? This is all our livelihoods

Probably straight to Gold Trowel :endesacuerdo:

I’ve just had a message and some questions were still being received this afternoon so they have decided to answer all your questions in one go early next week.
If people can't get a question to you by the cut off date then why should everyone else who only want one question answered wait?
Surely you could of just made a second post Monday answering any late questions

I’ve just had a message and some questions were still being received this afternoon so they have decided to answer all your questions in one go early next week.

@The Apprentice I hope you can get whoever to understand that a fair bit of real honest detail is being requested. The usual PR verbiage will not cut it, it's worth bearing in mind how many are on this forum, stalkers and all.
If there is enough drive/demand another supplier will enter the UK market, quite possibly a Yank. The EU Cartel is not going to hold much longer.

If people can't get a question to you by the cut off date then why should everyone else who only want one question answered wait?
Surely you could of just made a second post Monday answering any late questions

Mate hang around long enough you will get used to them!

Score in a brothel springs to mind!

If you say friday,then thats what most of us expect.nonsense

I mean it's not like any of us need to pass this onto our customers that are on our cases is it!

F*****g liberty!!!...that's what it is!!!

It's a F*****g bag of plaster in a paper bag!!! They need to get over themselves!!!