Little **** nicked my speedskim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Alright lads some little Git has stole my speed skim, which I used almost every day, so now need to buy another, but I was also looking at getting at spat instead, as never had one, which one would you recommend?
i know speed skims are alot less money but alot of ppl rave about the spat.cheers boys

Thats shite the thieving bastards.i like the speedskim but not tried the spats so can't really compare.but speedskim are fetching out a steel blade for theirs in about 8 weeks

Yea I'm same as I do loads of artex ceilings etc and makes very light work of it, but from what I can make out you can polish off with a spat which on big ceiling is great, the blades are a bit sensitive on speed skim so steel would prob be better

Hopefully the steel blades will polish it up well and then we can jst switch blades and saves money too.like the look of the spats just think they cost a bomb

Yea spats are over priced alot IMO but if you can get alot more done in a shift its worth it i suppose, I looked @ those EZE spats but don't know if there as good or better then spats refina sell? As they are fair bit cheaper

got a load of speed skims various sizes ... not sure i'll be polishing / trowelling up a wall with there new blade .... i'll always be finishing with my trowel ... fact !!

Used 1.2 m speed skim on pole today on artex ceiling. Flattened off lovely and cut a lot of time of the set. But the 1.2 is far too large and cumbersome for domestic ceilings.. when is the 80cm one out ?

However the 1.2 model is great for giving spunky a slap round the caravan park with...

Alright lads some little Git has stole my speed skim, which I used almost every day, so now need to buy another, but I was also looking at getting at spat instead, as never had one, which one would you recommend?
i know speed skims are alot less money but alot of ppl rave about the spat.cheers boys

Don't rush out and replace the Speedskim, whoever took it will bring it back before long.

Can I just ask how u get the gear on ceiling before speedskimin it with pole ? Stilts ?? A jus still with the GD old trestles and batten out

Maybe someone should invent a speedskim safe/vault :RpS_unsure:

Then throw away the key :RpS_laugh:

my speedskim got nicked the first day i used it. i had counselling, got signed off work and eventually quit altogether and left the country. it cut me deep. i sincerely wish you all the best and hopefully a speedy recovery from what is an underrated and often misunderstood situation

Status
Not open for further replies.