little lumps in the wall

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

being practicing my plastering in the garage and when i finished skimming the wall i notice a few little patches on lumps in the plaster, could this be me not mixing the plaster well or something.

any help appreciated

Are they like pimples? If they are, its just where there is a small pockets of air behind, usually happens on roughing or reskim where its not completley sealed, all you have to do to get rid of them is give it a dry trowel when your wall turns brown

if you hadnt mixed your plaster properly and it had lumps in it you'd know straight away mate, it'd do your head right in...every trowelful a lump! sort of thing that gives labourers a sore arse, if you know what i mean...

Are they like pimples? If they are, its just where there is a small pockets of air behind, usually happens on roughing or reskim where its not completley sealed, all you have to do to get rid of them is give it a dry trowel when your wall turns brown

yeah like little pimples, next time it happens i will do that

Sometimes if you go on with the second coat too soon you can get those.
Apparently it's caused by excessive water where you're pushing it into the wall it's trying to come back at you!

Most commonly seen when you go over a bonding coat when it isn't properly dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.