Little job i completred recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt with production and fixing fibrous cornice after getting Mike's tips and but nothing compared to his great works but will get there in near future! ;)
If I were @mikeadams1985 I'd step up my security at home and CCTV installed and tell the local police of a potential stalker alert!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Mike as they went bit too far!

of course you do
7195.gif

marvellous job, its good to see other plasterers taking an interest in the fibrous side to plastering, did you use silicon cold pour for the enrichment, if so, thixotropic or free flow

Silicone cold pour and free flow on it, now neex for thixotropic, i only use that when doing in-situ silicone mould making or skin moulds

Free flow. Just means you build a frame aroubd the enrichment and pour away. Letting it freely flow around the enrichment and cover it.

YouTube smooth on and watch there videos they have a few decent ones on there.

Vinamold is free flow poured as it's just hot rubber melted down. Tbh it's ****.

is he that bad - lol :RpS_laugh:

He will batter you with questions but not to be a smart ass he's just very keen and loves the job (you can't teach that) he gets a lot of stick on here from myself included but he's alright and he takes the banter so fair play to him! :RpS_thumbup:

Skin mould usually made from Alginate, Silicone or Latex. The first is just mixed with water and often used to reproduce a copy of a hand or foot (one off) The other two painted on the model then built up in layers with a thickener and then a support case.
Then there is the squeeze sometimes clay pressed over an embellishment and backing case in plaster but more often a coat of silicone brushed on backed with a thickened silicone and a backing case in plaster.

Will come back on the level3 project Ryan as I have just altered it with the CITB to simplify it a little. Drawings arrive from CITB for my approval tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.