Little help using fillers on deep cracks...

Patricia Fanea

I'm a bit of a novice and I need to fill a hole in my wall around 6-7mm deep. I've got some easi-fill 60 but before I use it I want to work out whether this product will actually work to fill this crack?

For future reference, how large can I fill a hole before I need to resort to a patch?

Thank you

I'm a bit of a novice and I need to fill a hole in my wall around 6-7mm deep. I've got some easi-fill 60 but before I use it I want to work out whether this product will actually work to fill this crack?

For future reference, how large can I fill a hole before I need to resort to a patch?

Thank you

If you have any doubts, do it in two hits.

@Vincey is the man to talk to about easyfill. I hear he gets through a lot of it.

just do it in stages... most plasterers would use a backing coat first but for DIY just keep filling it :D

As said do it as many times as you like. Once you've sanded it down a little tip is to close your eyes and run your fingers along it, if you can feel a bump where the filler meets the surrounding wall then you will see this once painted and you need to sand back more. Best of luck