Liston

Members online

Nicm

Sonny Liston died on this day in 1970 aged 38.I’ve watched old fights over the last few days and am by no means an expert.There was some serious hard men in that era.

Charles Sonny liston, when he fought clay he did even know how old he was, it was said that he was about 40 .

Clay said he was bear hunting , when looking for Liston, carrying a big pot of honey asking people have they seen the bear?
Clay said to prove i am great i will knock Liston out in 8. in the 8 th round Liston got knocked out by a punch that no one could see. Liston had a financial interest in Clays next fight.
a lot of people lost interest in boxing after that as it was just a fix.

Clay said he was bear hunting , when looking for Liston, carrying a big pot of honey asking people have they seen the bear?
Clay said to prove i am great i will knock Liston out in 8. in the 8 th round Liston got knocked out by a punch that no one could see. Liston had a financial interest in Clays next fight.
Boxing is a great sport. Best out there for kids. Not to make them hard or fit but does. But to keep them in line how to keep control. How to release energy. And so on. It's them corrupt bastards at the top. And it has made its way to the bottom has made a c**t out of the sport. I've seen it first hand.

Charles Sonny liston, when he fought clay he did even know how old he was, it was said that he was about 40 .
He was portrayed as an uneducated moron, not heard about Liston being involved in clays fights down the line, that is slightly disappointing to hear corruption ruins the fairytale a bit.

Watched a fair few boxing documentaries and old interviews and footage, clay/Ali turned into an Islam nutjob, ranting his radical views on this and that. I respect his boxing ability but all the trash talk and rope a dope was quite negative not my favourite boxer by a long shot.

Mind was something about that, the Shot didn't look overly hard considering if I mind right.....

Watched a fair few boxing documentaries and old interviews and footage, clay/Ali turned into an Islam nutjob, ranting his radical views on this and that. I respect his boxing ability but all the trash talk and rope a dope was quite negative not my favourite boxer by a long shot.
I genuinely like Floyd, maybe coz more in my era of watchin fights, but especially his early fights, at the lighter weights he was more aggressive, know he's a. Bit defensive normally, but watching his fights was just a masterclass imo. Though I must watch more Ray Leonard fights I've not seen much of his. Eubamk was entertaining, I liked vitali more than wlad, Tyson was done by time I started watching boxing. Jones Jr was good. Calzaghe. Even naz was entertaining.

Boxing is a great sport. Best out there for kids. Not to make them hard or fit but does. But to keep them in line how to keep control. How to release energy. And so on. It's them corrupt bastards at the top. And it has made its way to the bottom has made a c**t out of the sport. I've seen it first hand.
Judging at all levels is awful.

I genuinely like Floyd, maybe coz more in my era of watchin fights, but especially his early fights, at the lighter weights he was more aggressive, know he's a. Bit defensive normally, but watching his fights was just a masterclass imo. Though I must watch more Ray Leonard fights I've not seen much of his. Eubamk was entertaining, I liked vitali more than wlad, Tyson was done by time I started watching boxing. Jones Jr was good. Calzaghe. Even naz was entertaining.
Hated floyd, again respected his ability but just a thoroughly vile irritating t**t.

He definitely had that, think it was because every one hated him I liked him. Lol he had the brash personality, but interviewed he was usually pretty respectful, most of the time. Not keen on his showing off with money though but fair play to him for making it. He's definitely one that people like to hate that's for sure. Lol

Judging at all levels is awful.
You should see some of the amateur shows then. I’ve had lad’s boxing on an away show, they’ve won every round and still not got the verdict. The worst shows for that are when a lot of travelers are on the bill. The judges seem to get intimidated by the supporters standing right behind them for some reason !

You should see some of the amateur shows then. I’ve had lad’s boxing on an away show, they’ve won every round and still not got the verdict. The worst shows for that are when a lot of travelers are on the bill. The judges seem to get intimidated by the supporters standing right behind them for some reason !

That's a fact for sure.

Seen it myself, old boss' young boy boxed, think was u14s and he was down in the all Ireland eliminators and he won the 3 rounds easy but they give it the other fella. Wee man had ring control, landed more and cleaner. Don't know what they judges saw

Seen it myself, old boss' young boy boxed, think was u14s and he was down in the all Ireland eliminators and he won the 3 rounds easy but they give it the other fella. Wee man had ring control, landed more and cleaner. Don't know what they judges saw
A mate of mine is a judge(Southern Counties) He said that nowadays judges are told to score for “aggression and endeavour “ rather than clever boxing. If you’re a strong brawler it’s a benefit over 3 rounds