Lining paper stuck to plasterboard, how to skim

Members online

No members online now.
Putting it all back on.
"So you're going to go to all the trouble of painting and gritting it which might fail anyway rather than just rip it down and put new boards up?"
So which bit exactly did I miss then in my comment? I'll await apology

"So you're going to go to all the trouble of painting and gritting it which might fail anyway rather than just rip it down and put new boards up?"
When you girls eventully tie the knot ,.... can I be the best man ??? !!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry mate. I read it wrong.
He was however looking for an alternative to boarding which he got so he can choose himself.

Guys, many thanks for your replies, most useful.

I will go with the oil based primer (I have anyway) and then PVA.

For the price of mates rates to skim it and a bag of multi I am willing to take the chance.

Cheers,

Andy

Water can penetrate blue / pink/green grit, their also water based, the oil based paint will create a water proof barrier .
Thought the whole point of the grit was a stabiliser. Not permeable and flat out designed to stick loose s**t like flaky paint and such.

Thought the whole point of the grit was a stabiliser. Not permeable and flat out designed to stick loose s**t like flaky paint and such.
Its designed to provide a key mainly, give it a try yourself, put it on , let it dry overnight and give it a wet down in the morning, its water soluble. Think the bloke is making a mistake by priming and then pva, on oil paint, think there's a good chance it will shell off. Whf do I care though, his house and his problem at the end of the day.

Its designed to provide a key mainly, give it a try yourself, put it on , let it dry overnight and give it a wet down in the morning, its water soluble. Think the bloke is making a mistake by priming and then pva, on oil paint, think there's a good chance it will shell off. Whf do I care though, his house and his problem at the end of the day.

No I RE-read your original, I will go with the oil based primer and then Blue Grit, not PVA.

Cheers

I wouldn't skim oil paint without grit....

I've not used it much to be honest but when I have, it's been like skimming board. Every single time, no exceptions.

I wouldn't skim oil paint without grit....

I've not used it much to be honest but when I have, it's been like skimming board. Every single time, no exceptions.
Or, Unifinish :inocente: To be honest I would'nt wish that on "Satan himself" !! And I'm not on about your best pal either !! ;).... Btw what is a turps nudger ? Is that a slang for a painter ?

Or, Unifinish :inocente: To be honest I would'nt wish that on "Satan himself" !! And I'm not on about your best pal either !! ;).... Btw what is a turps nudger ? Is that a slang for a painter ?
Oh god are you drunk again?

You. You are a turps nudger. An air fighting roaring derelict who only goes to work long enough to get the cash to go to wetherspoons.

You know, like lurpak.

Oh god are you drunk again?

You. You are a turps nudger. An air fighting roaring derelict who only goes to work long enough to get the cash to go to wetherspoons.

You know, like lurpak.
No mate, having a glass of French Red but def not pissed ! Thanks for your concern though ! :ROFLMAO: Up here thats called a Jakey b*****d ! Ye, Lurpak fits in just nicely ;)

It's a great forum that's why I am on here and I was reading it long before posting.
It is spoiled at times by some long term members going beyond banter that's all I'm saying. It's only my personal opinion.
[/QUOTE
Your such a disappointment of a man!