Lining paper covering lime plaster wall

Members online

Marcus02

Hi there

I have removed a wall hung book case. Below this is a line plastered wall. Someone has previously put lining paper directly on to this wall and it has bonded directly to the line top coat. Can I patch this hole or will I need to remove all the lining paper and then reskim the whole wall.

If patching should I use lime or can I get away with gypsum plaster?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    573.6 KB · Views: 893
Well they are both very conflicting responses!

Still no clue what i should do?
Are you happy with your wallpaper? If yes, just fill and sand, otherwise strip paper then you either get it skimmed or you just repair the shabby bits.
Older houses papered for a reason I found sometimes

I would prefer not to take wallpaper off as it's in good condition. However do I patch with easyfill (as suggested) or lime plaster?

I would prefer not to take wallpaper off as it's in good condition. However do I patch with easyfill (as suggested) or lime plaster?
I would just easyfill it, quick and easy. Basically what you have to do is blend the bare surface into the wallpaper

How does he need to prepare the dry lime plaster background?
If it's internal wall use anything if it's external and you sound like you want to use lime then go on to Mike wye site they have small tubs of lime finishes.

How does he need to prepare the dry lime plaster background?
If it's internal wall use anything if it's external and you sound like you want to use lime then go on to Mike wye site they have small tubs of lime finishes.
Listen to James!

If I was advised to use lime I was going to use DG27, if I can get away with easy fill was going to put a coat of beeline primer sealer that I have in the shed?

It's an internal wall so I suppose the easy fill route is acceptable.

I've skimmed over paper with multi once before it was ok but haven't done it since like

Either feather in the edges with easifil or reline the patch with new lining paper,and just fill the joint between the existing paper and new paper , should only be a 1or 2 mm gap

So the consensus is to patch with easyfill or take all paper off and lime plaster or rip in all out board and skim and lastly hang a picture over it. More confused then when I started!

So the consensus is to patch with easyfill or take all paper off and lime plaster or rip in all out board and skim and lastly hang a picture over it. More confused then when I started!

Get some pictures up... would help us understand better what is going on

Having looked at your photo and it's internal just paint over with stabilising solution then a tight coat of filler sand then lining paper then tea then lie down.

I'd just hang the bookcase back up tbh?...
Why did you take it down in the first place?...are you not a big fan of reading?

The best book in the bookcase pre removal... Was.. How to hang a perfect bookcase in three easy steps(lath wall edition, volume 2):rayos:

Curtain rail, lovely pair of drapes, keep them closed so no-one realises there's no window.......that'll do.......:ROFLMAO:

Cut back lining paper square, fill where required, patch lining paper, leave it a couple off mm short of existing or more doesn't need to be perfect, feather in edges with easyfill.