Limelite high impact

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgreigh

hi chaps just wanted to know what bonding agent needs to be used with this product on re skims over gypsum and lime as said before I havnt used this product and limelite say it can be used on reskims but don't mention preparation.
Thanks in advance for any advice:)

SBR or EVA I think mate it says on net good sir. Can you use the limelite easy bond? don't know if it helped much.

hi chaps just wanted to know what bonding agent needs to be used with this product on re skims over gypsum and lime as said before I havnt used this product and limelite say it can be used on reskims but don't mention preparation.
Thanks in advance for any advice:)
Ring Tarmac up they will help you out mate
08444 63 00 46 [emoji106]

Your not supposed to touch gypsum with it don't think I've used quite a bit but only used the finish with there backing coat an yeah it's fckin s**t stuff

Just use multi as normal. Limelite renovating is a cement backing plaster not a true lime plaster.

I assumed he was asking about the high impact finish as an overskim in older property and whether pva or betakontakt etc carlos?
Yes that was basically what I wanted to know,Tarmac state it can be applied over gypsum and lime but don't mention whitch bonding agents to use,I may give them a call but just wanting opinions of experiences on here first really,I might be looking into it a bit much and any of the normal ba's will probably work just looking for second opinions:)

I think a grit would be best or pva day before not used it myself for overskim. If i use thistle dri coat i prefer to overskim whole wall as apposed to patching and use betakontakt or micro on the top bit. (Painted wall)

Last edited:
Yeah would think 1 of the grit products would be best.

When I do it I just Pva and skim. But we always use s+c

I read online it recommends not to use pva but I don't know I just popes in search engine at work and got a pdf technical data sheet ill try and find it tomoz and forward it on if I can work out how to do it ;). It said SBR or EVA.

How did the job go? I done 450m2 of this last year on a staircase! Horrible product! We were advised it can't be used with BG and we were dealing direct with Tarmac! Hope you got sorted anyway!

Couldn't think of anything worse....you only put HI Finnish on 2-3mm the blue grit would be a complete nightmare to go over with depending on how it's been spread! Why would you want to do that anyway? You should only be using HI over renovating plaster once you've floated the job up! Uni bonding and skimming with HI is just an expensive and waste of time! Hopefully in 2-3 weeks? You got much to do? Don't use speedskim over it either!! We tried it but makes the HI bleb! Anyway good luck fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.