Limecrete,

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
Laying our first limecrete slab and lime screed in two weeks. ( HL5)

Any one had any experiences they wish share.

Thanks in advance

Mark

No but is it a flowscreed.

No, it is a lean mix , much like concrete, but using HL5 ( hydrualic lime) instead.

The screed topping will be laid with a glaster screed ( recycled glass) and HL5 mix.

The sytem is a breathable floor make up with no DPC and only 2 incorperated layers of geotextile sheeting.

This is going down in a grade 2 listed barn.

I'm sure I saw one of these being laid on Grand Designs a while back, I think they did it late in the year and realised that it was a mistake to do so because it took so long to cure in the cold and damp. For your sake I hope my memory is as bad as usual.

I'm sure I saw one of these being laid on Grand Designs a while back, I think they did it late in the year and realised that it was a mistake to do so because it took so long to cure in the cold and damp. For your sake I hope my memory is as bad as usual.

Think your right about that Andy

We have expressed our concerns to the contractor, and the architect has been informed that we have requested a disclaimer to our contract in relation to any problems that may occure in the future in veiw of possible inclement/cold weather..

They seem keen to press on still, and are talking about leaving the floor for at least 6 weeks for any further work continues on it.

We are looking at laying 150mm in 3 layers with leanish mix and ramming each one into the other green ( wacker plate) Meshed and finished on top as if screeding.Thinking that this will speed up drying times .

There is no UFH in this make up , and the final floor is flags.

Just received an email stating they are now going to use conrete instead. Some one been having not so green second thoughts !!

Well that's a stroke of luck, I think on that Grand Designs job they even ended up digging the screed up.

Well that's a stroke of luck, I think on that Grand Designs job they even ended up digging the screed up.

Thats exactly what I thought Andy. I was thinking about all the sleepless nights I was going to have worrying about it once I'd laid it.

yeah they dug it up it was in wales the guy was an actor in some welsh soap but it was laid in exsposed conditions the slab not the screed

have done few limcrete floors and used glaster on walls and ceiling is a good product when used correctly winter is not realy goood time to be doing it get some hessian to cover areas if it gets cold yes it does take very long time to cure properly slower it dries the better

Status
Not open for further replies.