Lime render course

Gianni1975

Hi people I could do with getting on a lime render course as I turn them down and pass them on when I do get them it's something I've been looking at getting into for a while so any recommendations on course gratefully received

Hi people I could do with getting on a lime render course as I turn them down and pass them on when I do get them it's something I've been looking at getting into for a while so any recommendations on course gratefully received
I think Mike wye does one, but seen a few other ones too, have a quick Google I'm sure it will comes up with something

Went on a short coarse 3 weeks ago somewhere near Winchester. 10 minutes in classroom, then Posh geezer wanted to so us how to basically use a hawk and trowel, then showed us different grades of sand to mix with lime, he made a pigs ear of most of his demo then it was all about this product and that ,big sales push, then see you later. Best bit was he had a really nice black Labrador dog. 1 thing I do know is that just the hard wood Lath's work out at £35m2....wtf.

I was up at the Scottish lime centre in Dunfermline a few weeks back for a couple of days. Was a canny course. Did all the mixing ratios by weight not volume you you get a proper mix. Relative bulk density and void ratios of Sand. Canny interesting in a geek way