Lime primers - cheaper alternatives?

letitia7778

Im looking for an alternative to DG27. Its really expensive and I need a primer. Thinking I could mix it up myself if I got the ingredients..... Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives or how to make it?

What are you using it for, sample boards or a small job? You can buy the equivalent from mike wye or Hawk & Trowel in 1litre tubs.

I am doing the same trying to make my own Pva.
Wood glue mixed with a little water seems like a winner.

Don’t be a cheapskate use the right gear for the right job! If you’re in the trade allow this within price! If you’re a customer stop been a dick it is what it is! (y)

I've been working on an adhesive to stick beads on using left over multi finish and water. Still in the R and D stage, but so far, working well.

Question about blue grit ... have already preped block wall with blue grit ready to skim. But will now use lime to match in with other walls. Will the lime render be OK on the blue grit? Any other prep recommended? I will be using Cornerstone Dry Mix CLD30 NHL 2 (9mm) with 2 coats of lime putty to finish (2 x 1.5mm). Blue grit specifies 12mm max total plaster thickness. I'm a sparky renovating my own property - so go easy on me!

Question about blue grit ... have already preped block wall with blue grit ready to skim. But will now use lime to match in with other walls. Will the lime render be OK on the blue grit? Any other prep recommended? I will be using Cornerstone Dry Mix CLD30 NHL 2 (9mm) with 2 coats of lime putty to finish (2 x 1.5mm). Blue grit specifies 12mm max total plaster thickness. I'm a sparky renovating my own property - so go easy on me!
You will need to post pics of your cables clipped to length and tucked in back boxes first lol