Lime plastering prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

I have some idea of the prices from how long the process takes but was wondering what other people are charging, I know church has alot of experiance with this one so some advice would be appreciated, Ive done it a few times but always working for some one else never had to price it myself.

welcome back ;D............dont take my word for it mate but ive heard £80 per sq for 3 coats

Cheers mate ;) seems a bit steep we are only quoting for labour as the bloke wants to supply himself but was toying with half that.

Hi Bod welcome back mate are we talking outside work ? if so three coat work around £55 per m2 is a good starting point labour only make sure you have a fully in-closed scaffold though esp this time of year

Its internal its gonna be scratch float and skim with hydrated lime and fine sand i think its hydraulic for the first 2 coats and some magical mix which we havent had the spec for as yet

We are hoping it can be done by a local firm who specializes in this field but if not we are gonna have to mix it our selves as the spec is pretty specific.

I think my best advice would try to get a desent day work, but if you have got lots on it might be a good earner ;) , mixing from scratch you can wait 24 hrs before you start slappng on ,its a long process, even if your ready mix its days before the next coat.

Happy days :( so what sort of price we looking at per m2?i know on the application we have to spray it for a couple of days between coats so its all gonna be a long process.

Hard to say mate if there is rakes of it go in at around £50 is there is less m2 than you can put on in a day go a lot higher as you will be coming and going .

I am sure its around 350 m2 of lime plastering on stone and 200m2 of skim on board which i found weird as last one i did like this, it all had lath on the ceilings and studs, but they have assured me they have permission to use plasterboard and skim, but when i say 350m2 it a awkward 350.

That sounds strange but in a good way on a good day stick to lime work on a bad day do some board work to make the money up ;) its hard for me to say really i think you should earn well on lime work £200 aday + mate

Status
Not open for further replies.