Lime plastering (I really need to know something)

Ignas

Hi,

maybe someone could help. I want to have my flat's walls plastered by the summer. I decided to use lime plaster mixed by myself. I need to know a couple of things:

1) Can I use freshly mixed lime putty immediately to mix it with sand? Or do I have to wait for months for it to mature? What if I don't wait and just mix and plaster, mix and plaster...?
2) What kind of lime should I actually use for putty? Slaked lime or quick lime?

Those are the first questions.

I'll be waiting for someone to respond. Thank you.

Hi,

maybe someone could help. I want to have my flat's walls plastered by the summer. I decided to use lime plaster mixed by myself. I need to know a couple of things:

1) Can I use freshly mixed lime putty immediately to mix it with sand? Or do I have to wait for months for it to mature? What if I don't wait and just mix and plaster, mix and plaster...?
2) What kind of lime should I actually use for putty? Slaked lime or quick lime?

Those are the first questions.

I'll be waiting for someone to respond. Thank you.
Mix the lime and wait for it to mature, if you mix quick lime with extra time it should be ok to be left for up to 16 weeks in a tub/bucket until applied to the intended surface, once applied you will generally have around 8 hours to get an acceptable finish, this can then usually be painted after around 12 hours. If you have any further queries I’ll be more than happy to assist as I’m mainly a lime based applicator

Thank you very much. What if I use slaked lime? Will I have to wait for a shorter period of time? 16 weeks is a lot!

Thank you very much. What if I use slaked lime? Will I have to wait for a shorter period of time? 16 weeks is a lot!
Stick with quick line once applied it will dry as long as you follow my guidelines, you’re probably best mixing lots of tubs then you have loads to use over the course of the job