Lime Plastering Courses

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragonard

Does anybody know of any Lime Plastering Course which are longer than several one or two day ones I've found on the internet? There must be somebody offering longer courses out there? Thanks for nay replies.

Hi, tbh most of the course that are out there, like the 1/2 days are ment for compete newbs. Mainly enthusiastic DIYers or if you want to gain some knowledge and tips about using Lime. Most Lime knowledge is still passed on through firms and there apprentices. If you've never used Lime id recommend doing a course but if not lots of reading books and watching videos is other option. Experience is the big factor with Lime. It's been around for years and not something you just can pick up after a few days or weeks course. The skills are not much different to modern plastering it's just the prep work and aftercare of the Lime that is essential. Lime really is a complete field in itself. Where are the course you've been looking at?

I have been mainly looking for courses in southern Wales as that's where I'm located. I found one which was ideal but you need an NVQ 2 in plastering to get onto it. I'm not even a plasterer. I'm looking for a new direction as I'm out of work at this moment. Something that will provide me with a skill that isn't too available out there. This course including a period working for one of these heritage firms lasts for a year. This year they will be accepting females onto it with no experience whatsoever. I feel like I'm being discriminated aginst. :-( I can learn anywhere. Even abroad if I could find a suitable course.

Try speaking to the National trust and see what if anything is happening anywhere near you then see if you can offer your services for free somewhere in return for training /experience the worst that can happen is they tell you to fook off.

If your in Wales have you been in contact with Ty Mawr Lime? Very helpful company that offer the 1/2 day courses but may be able to point you in the direction of what your after.

If your in Wales have you been in contact with Ty Mawr Lime? Very helpful company that offer the 1/2 day courses but may be able to point you in the direction of what your after.

They were the ones who put me in touch with the organisation I mentioned earlier.

There is a comprehensive list of courses on the buildinglimesforum.org.uk under "events" then see "courses on lime.

Something might be available in the coming months mate, the day courses are not really up to the mark to be honest,
Myself and mayti are working on something it may come to fruition hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.