Lime plasterer Wigan area? (WN5)

Simon19

Recently bought first house that I’m in the process of sorting out and looking for a fairly local lime plasterer if anyone could help at all?

Whipped numerous layers of paper off to discover it’s been tanked and mixture of sand / cement and gypsum.

Attached some pics of the room with biggest issue, bit of damp in corner and this is the extended section of house (render) think there is salt issue in base of one side of chimney too?

I’m hoping redoing the ground floor external walls in lime will help with moisture / damp.

Anyone interested or recommend someone local?

Much appreciated

45B65FCF-99DB-4879-8311-0AB5B45979B1.jpeg
2F8D5729-C8F8-4C02-9DFF-21ED7D6B69E1.jpeg

Recently bought first house that I’m in the process of sorting out and looking for a fairly local lime plasterer if anyone could help at all?

Whipped numerous layers of paper off to discover it’s been tanked and mixture of sand / cement and gypsum.

Attached some pics of the room with biggest issue, bit of damp in corner and this is the extended section of house (render) think there is salt issue in base of one side of chimney too?

I’m hoping redoing the ground floor external walls in lime will help with moisture / damp.

Much appreciated

View attachment 31429View attachment 31430
Looks familiar. Is that upholland/Orrell?

Looks familiar. Is that upholland/Orrell?

Much appreciated

nothing to do with what your asking but that short bit of down pipe is over flowing out of gutter and pouring down wall / iwould extend it to floor don't know if damp wall is below it or not but it needs sorting

Much appreciated

why post and don't reply to the ones trying to help

Apologies for late reply, mental couple of days at work! Thanks for your help appreciate it, I've got a company coming over weekend who got back to me in week but @Rossi46 could you inbox your number please as I may give you a shout next week.

@TheHobo yes thanks that pic was off street view which is 2008ish i think as didn't have one of outside. There are still issues with the guttering though, on the list to sort asap. The damp spots on the internal pic is behind the first rendered section of the house on a solid brick wall.

Surveyor pointed out there is a hairline crack in the render so this may be the cause as the damp is adjacent to this, need this sorting too before replastering. There was no visible signs of damp spots on the internal walls from the survey as hadn't got through the wallpaper anywhere, but was aware there was 'liveable' damp from Protimeter readings (although heard these are pretty inaccurate on plaster / masonry)

Ta