Lime lite

Members online

B3nster

Hi new on here and need a little help please
Just about to start a grade 2 listed building in ready made lime plaster from the merchants the ceiling is lath so is it ok to use the lime lite backing plaster on this As the initial first coat then once dry and straight use the lime lite top coat to finish or do I use something else first on the laths many thanks Ben

I thought grade two meant you can use modern materials on the interior?

Never would’ve thought of putting limelite anywhere near a ceiling! It’s cement based so if your going for traditional lime materials it’s not the craic.

Not that I’m an expert on traditional lime plastering no matter how much @essexandy tries to big up my skills with his hero worship of me :coffe:

Never would’ve thought of putting limelite anywhere near a ceiling! It’s cement based so if your going for traditional lime materials it’s not the craic.

Not that I’m an expert on traditional lime plastering no matter how much @essexandy tries to big up my skills with his hero worship of me :coffe:
Don't undersell yourself Jessica, you are our oracle.

Don't undersell yourself Jessica, you are our oracle.
1577977171478.png
eeeeeehhh?

Jess
If you are dealing with conservation officer then there really is no written guide

Most of it is there own interpretation and what they want to see....

The rule of thumb is replace anything with like for like ..(materials ).unless they object