lime finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she already got a quote over weekend whilst i was on the piss in Manchester, Ah well so we dont really need the lime section now ;)

nice one ...not being critical but with same in mind to help and advise...:RpS_thumbsup:

. lime section please ...

I know you're not being critical Martin, cheers.......

You probably know more about it than me anyhow marra! :RpS_biggrin:

Well she already got a quote over weekend whilst i was on the piss in Manchester, Ah well so we dont really need the lime section now ;)

Nowt wrong with giving her one though eh?...........another quote that is :RpS_wink:

and YES we do need yan marra :RpS_thumbup:

Nowt wrong with giving her one though eh?...........another quote that is :RpS_wink:

and YES we do need yan marra :RpS_thumbup:

She must be happy with it she doesnt want another quote, wouldnt mind but they cant start for 2 weeks till the sparks have been. Ive spoke to dan and explained whats happened with this job and he agrees we dont need a lime section yet ;)

would you leave each coat of finish a day? did you trowel up with a steel trowel similar to gypsum?
cheers

no, i gave it 3 coats rubbing it up with a crossgrain every time,then lightly sprayed with a hose whilst trowelling to a smoth finish,and yea i did use
a steel trowel,hope that helps you

You don't rub it up to get the fat out as it pulls it off the wall due to pulling the water and fines out. Just make it as flat as possible first and iron out the ridges. Three thin coats and sponge flat the second. Bit brave to start without 'help'.

Can i get some advice too,

I have been getting a fair bit of lime work but mostly was external render,

Now I'm doing an internal repair in hydraulic lime on stone but I am bit unsure of how to tackle finish coat,

Any advice on whether to to stick with the NHL, setting time of finish and best way to rub up would be gratefully appreciated.

finish coat using nhl 2 and fine silca sand
makes a fine finish....we apply with plastering trowel and
sponge it up....make sure you wet the backing coat before application.

you may need to go over it a few times as it dries...

look for hairline cracking . esp for first couple days ...you can fill them in and
sponge over if you have any.

it may be dry enough by end of day (as long as you apply first thing)
if not you can usually leave till next day and bring it back.

Last edited:
agree would do the same job...but longer set time ..:

i do use more nhl now than fatty lime but do enjoy using both (outside lime render now applied with render pump so we use premixed through colour bagged st astier lime)

sean.........some really nice work on your website

RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Personally, you only ever use putty. Mix 1:1...... Damp your wall.Towards when its going off use a sponge float to bring the sand to the surface and then trail up! You will prob need to trail again the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.