Likes on Facebook page

Members online

been working with my mate for a few years but trying to build a name up a bit now for my self. Decided to set a page up on Facebook and invite friends and family but struggling for more people to like the page and see the regular updates I will be doing. I have paid for a post to be boosted so others see it while just scrolling but not worked as yet. Was thinking about running a competition once it reaches 500 likes a person will be selected to have a standard room skimmed free of charge. Don't really want to go down this route but think it's the best way. In other business ventures I had had on the sidelines Facebook has always dont the best advertisement wise for me so think it's quite important. Any ideas?

been working with my mate for a few years but trying to build a name up a bit now for my self. Decided to set a page up on Facebook and invite friends and family but struggling for more people to like the page and see the regular updates I will be doing. I have paid for a post to be boosted so others see it while just scrolling but not worked as yet. Was thinking about running a competition once it reaches 500 likes a person will be selected to have a standard room skimmed free of charge. Don't really want to go down this route but think it's the best way. In other business ventures I had had on the sidelines Facebook has always dont the best advertisement wise for me so think it's quite important. Any ideas?
Make sure your ad is well setup, I see so many businesses advertising nationwide, when they don't leave their village really, they just burning money. Do a little giveaway, that always works, just read the FB FAQ page how it need to be done incase they pull it

f**k that, just go on mybuilder and buy leads direct, it's paid advertising aimed directly at the people who are asking for work to be done

Some bloke I know had on his van rooms skimmed from 275+vat he said he would never do for 275 but got the phone ringing not sure how legal this is though

Did think of my builder but heard bad views about it, I don't like grafting either especially for free but it that results in one job especially a decent one it's well worth it

Will get signed up on my builder when I get 5 mins. Do you get many jobs off it compared to leads you buy?
Yes I get most I go for bits it's easier now cos I have 50 positive reviews. You get a free message to the customer try to give an idea on price and when your available then they only shortlist (the bit you get charged for) if they think price is what they expected and the dates fit. If not they ignore you and it doesn't cost anything.

facebook is hard work to get a following for a plastering page... lets be honest all your friends and family know that you are a plasterer :D

The only reason why I recommend a a faceache page is for search engine rankings

Yes I get most I go for bits it's easier now cos I have 50 positive reviews. You get a free message to the customer try to give an idea on price and when your available then they only shortlist (the bit you get charged for) if they think price is what they expected and the dates fit. If not they ignore you and it doesn't cost anything.
Thought u got stung for any sort of quoting at all..... Good for thought, although over here domestic isn't as big a business as new work sadly. Domestic is head frying but good paying lol

Ah faceheroin pros and cons.

Our posts are viewed between 500 to 3000 people. We have 800+likes we keep it organic so we know it's all genuine interest but people will like you and then unlike you so it's slow. Agree with Danny it's good for people to find you, they can easily see your work etc. Some really lovely customers we've had still follow us and get involved which is nice. But I'm not sure it dramatically effects your work load to be honest, word of mouth always wins out

Never been on Facebook, but I can see it from a getting your name out there, side if it.

Never been on Facebook, but I can see it from a getting your name out there, side if it.

Me neither. I don't think they'd be my sort of people, I prefer a better class of clientele. :LOL:

All it takes is one bad review or one high price on facebook to f**k ya. I seen it with a painter who put his pricing up and was slathered. You had all these little dole f**k**s saying they could do it for half the price then some posted that they got him to price work for them but got someone to do it alot cheaper and thought he was ripping f**k out of it with his prices. Seen some family members of another plumber slating their brothers competition and it spread into person stuff. Facebook is f**k**g dirt if ya ask me. In saying that, im on it aswell for work but tbh, all my work comes from word of mouth and dont really need it. Just have it just incase lol

Iv had a lot of work through FB tbh, but I live in a close knit community so word of mouth works really well. I think where you live helps as in a big town or city your like an ant in a forest to start with. Iv never really paid for boosts but keeping it updated etc helps and always good to put out deals etc

I love the posts on fb that start with "don't wanna get ripped off but does anyone know any cheap good (trade) to fix my (job) and is available tommorow".

Followed 2 weeks by " look what Joe blogs did to my house"

Fight to the bottom for most parts