Lightweight coving

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
Got some to put up for a guy from b@q the lightweight stuff not polystyrene the question is can it be scribed like the plaster one some of the angles are fcuked so prefer scribing the internals thanks

Got some to put up for a guy from b@q the lightweight stuff not polystyrene the question is can it be scribed like the plaster one some of the angles are fcuked so prefer scribing the internals thanks
should be ok try a coping saw and file some makes are bad for chipping plastic face off though be patient; all the best with it

I had to do some long time ago, found the saw just shredded it. Ended up using a serrated kitchen knife, worked a treat

If it’s the paper faced one be careful, we thought we had bought the foam one but it had polystyrene inside and it didn’t have the body to take being pushed up, all in all it was f**k**g s**t. If you have the foam one it should cut weird and wonderful angles okay, we don’t have any problems with it

If it’s the paper faced one be careful, we thought we had bought the foam one but it had polystyrene inside and it didn’t have the body to take being pushed up, all in all it was f**k**g s**t. If you have the foam one it should cut weird and wonderful angles okay, we don’t have any problems with it
Not sure what type it is yet all wrapped up but just felt very light when I picked itvup

Not sure what type it is yet all wrapped up but just felt very light when I picked itvup
I know even my flimsy sixty year old frame can throw them about, just nick a bit out to see having said that you may get on fine with it, it’s just not for me

If it is the polystyrene paper covered one you could always tell him it’s s**t, you wouldn’t be lying, it’s a f**k*r to make good, to much pressure and it bows in

The supercove from b and q seems ok, thinks it foam and not polystyrene

The supercove from b and q seems ok, thinks it foam and not polystyrene
We used the foam on from barbecues and it was great, bought some a few months later and it was polystyrene inside we dine there notice till we started cutting so make sure it’s what you want

I hate coving in houses...

if you are gonna have a cornice then you need to be massive tall ceilings and the proper job :D

The lightweight one is b*ll***s, paper rips like f####
I know a few guys that use it just because they can throw loads of up quicker, it's inferior to gyproc.

Its miles better than gyprock.... It comes in 4m lenghts and because its polyurethane it can be manipulated when there is a bend in the ceiling or wall so you can get the joints better..... With gyprock you cant.... Plus you dont need to pin it till it sets like you do with gyprock...

If it's the foam supercove I've put miles of it up!

And I actually like it. Easy to scribe and fit.
Put either up properly and you can't tell the difference when looking at it.

Don't ever use the polystyrene stuff either paper faced or full polystyrene that's wank.

The supercove though I have no problem with.

You get some customers who only want gyproc and some that don't care.

The supercove is easy to scribe with a knife and give a Sharpe edge.

If it's the foam supercove I've put miles of it up!

And I actually like it. Easy to scribe and fit.
Put either up properly and you can't tell the difference when looking at it.

Don't ever use the polystyrene stuff either paper faced or full polystyrene that's wank.

The supercove though I have no problem with.

You get some customers who only want gyproc and some that don't care.

The supercove is easy to scribe with a knife and give a Sharpe edge.
I did the job on Fri an yes it was nice to use