Lights for mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

We have been caught out on this current job by losing light at night, we've had 3 finishes after 8:30pm and struggled to see when scratching up.

We have used a site light but returned the next morning to see 1/2 misses, thankfully they'll be hidden behind a fence, we've had to do it again last night and I am worried as the walls looked fine when we left, we also went over it with the lights 2/3 times but in reality they just don't show in artificial light.

Was thinking about a uv light or something similar that we can use in the dark if it happens again.

What do other guys use?

Because we're using krend and it's been a fooking nightmare.

15 yesterday and 9 hours to dry, also problems with the machine (us using it) meant we were knocked back an a couple of hours between passes.

Will it be to hard this time of year to lay late scratch early then?
I didn't get on with K rend when hand balling last week.
Took way to long to set, and didn't like finish as much as Parex and weber.
Can you use an accelerator with the machine?
I recall Rigsby saying about his almost breaking with it?

You can use an accelerator but we didn't think we needed to and we shouldn't have needed to with those temps and time left.

It has been a very slow setter on us but not as slow as yesterday, we possibly sprayed it too wet but then that's a different discussion.

I know all about rigsbys problems, he was stood in my kitchen yesterday reeling them off to me, I'm his part time therapist

You can use an accelerator but we didn't think we needed to and we shouldn't have needed to with those temps and time left.

It has been a very slow setter on us but not as slow as yesterday, we possibly sprayed it too wet but then that's a different discussion.

I know all about rigsbys problems, he was stood in my kitchen yesterday reeling them off to me, I'm his part time therapist

Cheeky f**k*r!

Just been back to that job we scratched last night and it's bang on, normal lights should be ok if we get caught out again, but it's not something I want to make a habit of

Hi guys,Can you use any mortar accelerator? Never used it but have a Krend job in a couple of weeks so would mind trying it.
This is one of the reasons why i push bucket coats, mono can be a pain in the arse. We was rubbing a 120m2 hit up til 12 midnight once [emoji559][emoji20]that put me off haha

Hi guys,Can you use any mortar accelerator? Never used it but have a Krend job in a couple of weeks so would mind trying it.
This is one of the reasons why i push bucket coats, mono can be a pain in the arse. We was rubbing a 120m2 hit up til 12 midnight once [emoji559][emoji20]that put me off haha
So many out there ,i have tried most ,when you say mono ,do you mean as in weber ?,as different renders dry faster

Hi @keithuk, no I've only ever used Krend I've used a lot of it over the years but it can catch you out, in drying times. I tried to push for Parex as a lot of you guys rate it on here but it's like speaking another language in the building merchants. I supply and fix on EWI but I haven't got any good contacts for Parex.
I have just come back from a month in France and Parex is all they use,most buildings done in it, renders paradise [emoji106][emoji3]

Hi @keithuk, no I've only ever used Krend I've used a lot of it over the years but it can catch you out, in drying times. I tried to push for Parex as a lot of you guys rate it on here but it's like speaking another language in the building merchants. I supply and fix on EWI but I haven't got any good contacts for Parex.
I have just come back from a month in France and Parex is all they use,most buildings done in it, renders paradise [emoji106][emoji3]
some of the lads use weber in the summer ,same day finish ,and Parex in the winter for next day ,as it is a slower setter

What K Rend Mono are you going to use Lee? Maybe someone on here can then quote setting times. mac-plas used K1 this week and it took hours to go off. Well into darkness.

Hi john, not sure yet customer is sorting mats out mate. But I was Defo thinking a accelerator to speed thinks up can you use any brand of accelerator out of the merchants or does it need to be from Krend cheers mate

The problems we had were us not spraying it before, it's not bad gear, but with us spraying weber all summer the difference caught us out, also spraying it wetter on les's advice held it off too.

We put the last panels on for 11am, South facing 15 degrees and it was still wet at 6:30/7 pm, we were going over r10 primer at 15mm so probably just down to us not having experienced spraying K1 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.