light weight plastet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
Got a spec today.
to plaster with 1 coat light weight plaster over the wykamol damp proof membrane.
has anyone done this

Ive always drylined these

you can float it out with bonding but its a shite way of doing it. like you, it should be drylined

I hardwall and skimmed before aslong as its fitted right

over plastic ? ,would have thought carlite might be better ,imo ,i have seen this fail on a few jobs , not the spreads fought ,just the spec , dab i would say is the way as above

Ive put one right before when the lot came off in sheets of hardwall. Its dampproofing so how can the floating set with no suction at all

over plastic ? ,would have thought carlite might be better ,imo ,i have seen this fail on a few jobs , not the spreads fought ,just the spec , dab i would say is the way as above
I agree but as you say the spec. It had been chopped 1m by builder and was restricted with original cornice still up

of what malc ?with respect :RpS_blushing:

i would choose limelight. prickup, float and set.
thistle bonding scratched, hardwall and skim. i know bg does not recognize these base coats being mixed but it would work.
thistle universal you may be able to use this in 2 coats.

Done this before and used bonding, it is for low auction backgrounds, as long as the membrane is fixed tight you shouldn't have any problem. Would personally give it a scratch coat first and let it set before 2nd coat which also stiffens the membrane up.

The spec will be bonding. It will only work and have any hand of lasting if the background is flat and solidly fixed. Otherwise it'll fail long term.
It's a **** system tho

I used to do a bit of work for a preservation company, we always dabbed boards if we had the thickness, otherwise it was a bond and skim. Like everyone has said membrane must be fitted properly or its a nightmare

We did inside of a church a few years back were they wanted lime done over the membrane. Did a small sample for them but it cracked like mad as we told them it would. They ended up having to dot and dab and skim. The fella that did the dot and dab just put the babs were there was a fixing. Turned out a great job.

We did inside of a church a few years back were they wanted lime done over the membrane. Did a small sample for them but it cracked like mad as we told them it would. They ended up having to dot and dab and skim. The fella that did the dot and dab just put the babs were there was a fixing. Turned out a great job.

I meant dabs over the fixings

I did a job over this.spraying it with the ritmo.
Hardwall scratch coat,hardwall float coat,skim
As said the fixing of the membraine needs to be tidy though

Status
Not open for further replies.