Leyton buzzard sand through ritmo machine

80nobby80

Morning all .

Got a rendering job i normally use cpi or ocr render but builder dosent like the price of materials .

Has anyone used sand cement mixed up in a mixer then put in the machine.

Morning all .

Got a rendering job i normally use cpi or ocr render but builder dosent like the price of materials .

I would not do it. A diesel machine is what you need and the sand still needs to be right. I think @MikeAtthis did a small bit b4 with the ritmo. U could try get krend gp I think is just over £4 a bag

I would not do it. A diesel machine is what you need and the sand still needs to be right. I think @MikeAtthis did a small bit b4 with the ritmo. U could try get krend gp I think is just over £4 a bag
I can remember someone doing it but not me but by the time you have sand cement Feb mix and hire a mixer it must be cheaper with the gp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I've done it
I used jewsons plastering sand which is fairly fine
It was 4/1/1 with loads of Feb mix
Tried 5/1/1 and it separated in the hose
It's hit a miss mind.the mixes need to be wet and consistent
I did 120m2 of party walls for sound so it worked well as access was s**t

Morning all .

i thought CPI was canny cheap ??

Your sand down Devon way is beautiful compared to up here Rob, I tested a few different kinds in the northwest went with the finest I could find and even with a warn R&S it would trip at every 5-10litres of mix, I've had the site mix before as well that was even worse..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the sand doesnt have to be fine. It has to be well blended. you could try adding a courser sand to a finer sand. the gaps in between the sand grains will fill with water if there is not enough filler and that will bleed and seperate. Lime helps make a workable mix. Plastering sand like b&Q sell is ok. Its designed to be workable so you can spread it.
Its something you have to have a play with one day and collect data from different mixes.