Level 1 Plasterer looking for experience in the Tesside area?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKM

Good afternoon. I have just finished Plastering Level 1 at Middlesbrough College & am looking for more experience out on jobs as opposed to being in the workshop. Especially over the summer months as the college isn't open & I am really keen to keep learning & to keep my eye in.

I would be willing to work on a voluntary basis, as I believe that the experience I will gain at the moment is a lot more valuable to me than money. I am 29 years old & am hard working with a mature attitude, I'm a quick learner, but it's just a shame that I am too old for an Apprenticeship. I guess the best way to put it is that I am always wanting to learn, but with just 1 day a week in the workshop at college & the fact that my age stops me from being an apprentice, finding someone to teach me is quite tricky at the moment. Well in all honesty, it's like trying to get an each way bet on the Boat Race. I'm staying determined & not giving up though. It's always the best way.

Thanks for your time & hopefully I will hear from someone soon.

Cheers.

Jay

Only just got back to this I have just finished doing a lot of work on my Mums house, straight skimming over artexted ceilings for the most. I have really been enjoying it & the sense of achievemnet every time I go to my Mums & say to my self "I did that" every time I see where my work is being is very rewarding. Especially with it being the place that has been our family home for 3 generations.

Parko I will PM my number now, am very sorry for the late reply. I hope I can still be of some help. If anything just to keep busy & grafting as I have found it to be the biggest help so far in my attempts to knock the dreaded ciggies on the head.

Only just got back to this I have just finished doing a lot of work on my Mums house, straight skimming over artexted ceilings for the most. I have really been enjoying it & the sense of achievemnet every time I go to my Mums & say to my self "I did that" every time I see where my work is being is very rewarding. Especially with it being the place that has been our family home for 3 generations.

Parko I will PM my number now, am very sorry for the late reply. I hope I can still be of some help. If anything just to keep busy & grafting as I have found it to be the biggest help so far in my attempts to knock the dreaded ciggies on the head.

Scratch that it won't let me send you a pm. My number is 07918 153545. I'll look forward to hearing from you soon fella.

Cheers mate. It's hard sometimes to keep the "onwards & upwards" attitude while there are people at college constantly questioning while they are there because there are no jobs at the end of it.

Well I'm sorry boys, but you make your own luck in this world, If they want to learn that the hard way that's their problem, I suppose in a sense I'm very lucky to already have learned the hard way.

Forgot to say as well Parko, my phone will be back on at about 11 in the morning, went to my birds without my charger like a doughnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.