Let it be, Let it bee!

Members online

Dr pepper

Evening people hope all is well?

I don't know how, when or why exactly but over the past few weeks to me own detriment have developed a habit of troweling the wall/lid to early.
Creating me self nothing but agg, :tonto:tiger strips, ripples, lumps and bump, which then struggle like f**k to then try an trowel out! Have been caught out few times as well and had to reskim :endesacuerdo:.

I know every wall/lid different, what your going over etc, but desperately need to get me self back on track, have got couple of big hits coming up soon for a new cilent which could lead to some future nice work... if I don't bugger it up!

Any advice, tips, constructive criticism for timings would be double handy and very much appreciated! And by all means you should know's better and bollockings also welcome!

It's getting colder by day, to prevent going to early I normally just crack on with some prep in between the trowels, I recently invested in refina spatula, stiff one, I give it a nice flatten after second coat and I really let it pull in, just checking by hand every now and then how wet it is

Keep it simple. Small is beautiful
nice flat steel trowel up , so flat you feel if ya going to dig in with front of trowel,,these flexy f**k**s make your angle to steep and ya go all feathery bladey,,my opinion, cant help it,ive said it now so go with it yeah, ya cant s*p*r*lex a fat birds stomach

nice flat steel trowel up , so flat you feel if ya going to dig in with front of trowel,,these flexy f**k**s make your angle to steep and ya go all feathery bladey,,my opinion, cant help it,ive said it now so go with it yeah, ya cant s*p*r*lex a fat birds stomach
Cheers bud (y) , do have a flexi but only ever sees the wall right at the death

Does anyone double up coats straight away? As in 1st coat don't flatten just straight on with 2nd? Was always taught to flatten first before your second coat

Cheers bud (y) , do have a flexi but only ever sees the wall right at the death
atta boy,,to much emphasis on shiney polished walls these days,,skidding ya wobbly trowels across the top,,,runya hands over my walls and itll abrase ya palms, flat as f**k though,,not a bit of fat on it,,lay ya trowel flatter dr pepper, use 2 hands if you have to,,plastering is hard work,,flexis make it easy but at a cost

In the summer I can understand any spread being a bit more on edge and diligent with the timings, but in this cold weather mate I can put a gauge on leave it and go and do the Xmas shopping before it needs a second coat

Does anyone double up coats straight away? As in 1st coat don't flatten just straight on with 2nd? Was always taught to flatten first before your second coat
Pointless that mate your essentially just putting on 1 thick coat doing that,ive skimmed with the same gear when only have 1 wall left or a small ceiling to speed the set up but even then I still let the 1st coat pick up

flatten 1st coat ,,flatten being the operative word,,have a fag and 2nd coat it,,,have a quick cup of tea and a fag,,straight on with steel trowel flat as ,,cut door frames skirting plugholes out,,have a quick cuppa and a fag,,2nd trowel ,,flat as f**k angle,,can i just add keep a new trowel for trowelling up only,,put on with your fairly new oldish trowel,,god i know a lot dont i,,i,ll fuckoff,,getting on me own tits

flatten 1st coat ,,flatten being the operative word,,have a fag and 2nd coat it,,,have a quick cup of tea and a fag,,straight on with steel trowel flat as ,,cut door frames skirting plugholes out,,have a quick cuppa and a fag,,2nd trowel ,,flat as f**k angle,,can i just add keep a new trowel for trowelling up only,,put on with your fairly new oldish trowel,,god i know a lot dont i,,i,ll fuckoff,,getting on me own tits
Cheers Mr faithful (y)

Evening people hope all is well?

I don't know how, when or why exactly but over the past few weeks to me own detriment have developed a habit of troweling the wall/lid to early.
Creating me self nothing but agg, :tonto:tiger strips, ripples, lumps and bump, which then struggle like f**k to then try an trowel out! Have been caught out few times as well and had to reskim :endesacuerdo:.

I know every wall/lid different, what your going over etc, but desperately need to get me self back on track, have got couple of big hits coming up soon for a new cilent which could lead to some future nice work... if I don't bugger it up!

Any advice, tips, constructive criticism for timings would be double handy and very much appreciated! And by all means you should know's better and bollockings also welcome!
Mate genuine question are you a courser by any chance? You put up alot of silly posts up about simple things and you always seem to have problems
Just saying.might be better trying something else Dr pepper

I've often wondered the same about the guy, but everyone knows that I'm FAR to polite to have asked the question.
Just seem silly his posts and his work always seems to be shite and number one rule of mine is to not give free years experience to a gut who's done a course as that's main reason trade is where its at

Mate genuine question are you a courser by any chance? You put up alot of silly posts up about simple things and you always seem to have problems
Just saying.might be better trying something else Dr pepper
No not a courser and know the difference between good an rough, problem I've got is 100% of time I'm on me own driving me self mad nick picking an confidence knocking. That co inside with I've got major ocd to the to point I'm even going to counciling know to try an calm it, ny anyway that's another story all together. Anything from the from basics, beads lining up and round sockets and even as far as how I've scrimed up, and what exactly side I take the muck out the bucket. Painfull ain't the word and plays on mind for days even the most minimal thing. I'm not looking for sympathy at all, I totally get why you would think what you do, yes I've worked with other spreads in the past and seen how they work, and what they would deem as a minor little snot on the wall or a tiny miss at the very bottom of the wall that skirting board will cover eats me alive for hours if not days! Pathetic you may think and it probably is but unfortunately its just the way I tick. But if I'm honest this is the only refuge I've got to voice any concerns I've got regarding the world of plastering big or small and the only place I feel i can ask what some people think are rookie,amuture, courser apprentice esq type question. At least on here I may look a t**t for asking something silly, but I would rather that than let one of me stupid ticks get the better of us and speak to someone down the pub or on a job and look like a mug that's asking silly questions. At the end of the day think of me what you will, but I'd rather just level with you and be honest, yes I ask stupid questions, yes I know the difference between rough and good work, yes I do know and should know better half the time, the list goes on... I'm not hear to offend anybody just sometimes check in with other plasterers to see if I'm being a total idiot or if there is something generally wrong with what or how I'm doing something.

Sorry to rabble but you want the truth there it is!

Your problems seem all physiological not plastering related and seems to be spilling into your work life and methods of plastering,I can't offer you any guidance on counselling other than that if it's a sweetheart doing the sessions tell her how stressful it is having such a massive dong,in terms of plastering strip it all back to basics even if it means just putting on one wall or ceiling on at a time and put your methods into smaller hits and build back up from there. Plastering is an easy trade to learn but a difficult to master

No not a courser and know the difference between good an rough, problem I've got is 100% of time I'm on me own driving me self mad nick picking an confidence knocking. That co inside with I've got major ocd to the to point I'm even going to counciling know to try an calm it, ny anyway that's another story all together. Anything from the from basics, beads lining up and round sockets and even as far as how I've scrimed up, and what exactly side I take the muck out the bucket. Painfull ain't the word and plays on mind for days even the most minimal thing. I'm not looking for sympathy at all, I totally get why you would think what you do, yes I've worked with other spreads in the past and seen how they work, and what they would deem as a minor little snot on the wall or a tiny miss at the very bottom of the wall that skirting board will cover eats me alive for hours if not days! Pathetic you may think and it probably is but unfortunately its just the way I tick. But if I'm honest this is the only refuge I've got to voice any concerns I've got regarding the world of plastering big or small and the only place I feel i can ask what some people think are rookie,amuture, courser apprentice esq type question. At least on here I may look a t**t for asking something silly, but I would rather that than let one of me stupid ticks get the better of us and speak to someone down the pub or on a job and look like a mug that's asking silly questions. At the end of the day think of me what you will, but I'd rather just level with you and be honest, yes I ask stupid questions, yes I know the difference between rough and good work, yes I do know and should know better half the time, the list goes on... I'm not hear to offend anybody just sometimes check in with other plasterers to see if I'm being a total idiot or if there is something generally wrong with what or how I'm doing something.

Sorry to rabble but you want the truth there it is!
Just crack on its a piece of piss your over thinking the f**k*r.dont know why you ask here there's probably 10 plasterers if that on here