Leak.

MIXERMAN

Guess who put a nail in a heating pipe next door while converting their garage. Oops. Plumbers fixed it .I've been round today and preped.it ready for Monday afternoon. I only put a 90mm pasalode nail through a thin coat bead .

Guess who put a nail in a heating pipe next door while converting their garage. Oops. Plumbers fixed it .I've been round today and preped.it ready for Monday afternoon. I only put a 90mm pasalode nail through a thin coat bead .
How much that cost you?

Assuming not a gas pipe drain heating system down.quick compression joint on the leak then re fill system then Bleed rads ...I'd be about £80/100 for that.

What were you trying to do?:whistle:

My nabour is a lovely old bugger. But he doesn't shut up , he literally stood talking to me the whole job . His wife said he probly distracted me . didn't cost me anything .but my pride.

did that years ago. Just finished plumbing in a shower at my mom and dads house and my dad came home just as I was putting the floor boards back down on the landing. 2 nails about 18” apart through the main central heating pipes. Flooded hall way downstairs, f**k*d carpets. Mom was pleased though as she’d wanted new carpets for ages and my dads a tight git when it comes to the house.

My mate just finished a big lounge posh house ,full redec oak floor , he started bed room above and put a nail through a pipe ,flooded room below had to claim on his public liability.

My mate just finished a big lounge posh house ,full redec oak floor , he started bed room above and put a nail through a pipe ,flooded room below had to claim on his public liability.

That’s one thing I haven’t had to do touch wood. So easy though.

Must admit since doing the plumbing qual I've become very anxious about leaks.. far more likely to ruin a house than with plastering if you do it most days.. half the time its the cheap Chinese fittings they sell you that prob fail... Good luck proving that

Must admit since doing the plumbing qual I've become very anxious about leaks.. far more likely to ruin a house than with plastering if you do it most days.. half the time its the cheap Chinese fittings they sell you that prob fail... Good luck proving that

cheap chrome fittings are s**t. Smear of paste helps (y)

did that years ago. Just finished plumbing in a shower at my mom and dads house and my dad came home just as I was putting the floor boards back down on the landing. 2 nails about 18” apart through the main central heating pipes. Flooded hall way downstairs, f**k*d carpets. Mom was pleased though as she’d wanted new carpets for ages and my dads a tight git when it comes to the house.
I'd just finished a full renovation of one of my BTL's. Last job refit a floorboard on the landing ready for the new carpet.
Despite having marked the board where not to put any fixing I put a screw straight through a heating pipe. What a pratt.
Luckily my very understanding plumber popped in and fixed it for £40 on his way home.

I'd just finished a full renovation of one of my BTL's. Last job refit a floorboard on the landing ready for the new carpet.
Despite having marked the board where not to put any fixing I put a screw straight through a heating pipe. What a pratt.
Luckily my very understanding plumber popped in and fixed it for £40 on his way home.
Always the way bet if you had not have marked the board you'd have missed just by chance

It's always that loose board that gets on your nerves flapping about ,so you put a nail in it. Think I've told you this before. A mate finished work one Friday lunch time ,drank 5or 6 Stellas went home to his top floor shity ,conservation flat back in the 80s . ( Look I'm just building the picture for you) so he runs a bath falls asleep few hours later the fire brigade kick his door in , I think we've all been a victim of Stella at some point.