lead pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazmonster

I just ripped down a section of ceiling in an old shop with an occupied flat above and noticed that the flat is still supplied with water through lead pipes. Do i have any legal obligation to bring this to the occupants attention as i doubt the owner will give a s**t.

Cheers for any help lads :)

No just cut them off at both ends throw them in the van then go to the scrapyard & collect your cash :RpS_thumbup:

Are they definitely in use? Not just old ones been left up there are they?

:RpS_thumbup:

Are they definitely in use? Not just old ones been left up there are they?[/QUOTE]
He will soon find out when he cuts them out

They had leaked before and been repaired hence the stripping of the old ceiling and no sign of any copper in the ceiling anywhere so i dont think i will be cutting them out just yet lol. Its playing on my mind now as i know the upstairs is occupied by a family with young children that dont deserve lead poisoning. If its just moral impications then i may have a word with the landlord to see if he knows they are there.

Nowt wrong with having a bit of lead in your pencil.Lol,seriously look at all these old age pensioners they have been drinking this stuff for years and are still living to a ripe old age.

I just ripped down a section of ceiling in an old shop with an occupied flat above and noticed that the flat is still supplied with water through lead pipes. Do i have any legal obligation to bring this to the occupants attention as i doubt the owner will give a s**t.

Cheers for any help lads :)

no, but you have an obilgation to use 2 layers of soundblock/fire line plasterboard to give an hour fire rating.

Good point owls:RpS_thumbup:

It's still maybe a good time to point it out to the landlord - he might be one who gives a fuk ..........

my cottage still has the supply from the road to the house as lead, I dont think it does that much harm. the women who lived here for 70 years and died at the age of 94 and it hasn't killed me yet after 22 years

Status
Not open for further replies.