Laying on White Set here in Perth:

Members online

Thanx lads
It's basically the same method as home TBH
the only thing here is, the backgrounds?
If say the Floaters put to much Lime in the float, u will be under pressure trying to get a nice finish..

Get a spot board and stand mate!!?? Plus that side to side s**t makes you look like Bruce Lee on a beer crate also that radio stat ion sounds f**k**g painful to listen to ffs !! Dont they play music ??

Hi lads, just reading ur replies TBH
Out here there is no board and stand to Set (skim)
It's all mixed in a tub, usually 2 bags of putty and 1 bag of Hardwall, we don't use water and hardwall like home, which is an easier method TBH
I also do my own floating and any other aspects out here just like I did back home also?
Last year I had 18 plasterers working through my Company Ballinderry Plastering which u all can look at Via FB?
U would be amazed at how many plasterers come here and just can't adapt to the different methods, materials etc

Hi lads, just reading ur replies TBH
Out here there is no board and stand to Set (skim)
It's all mixed in a tub, usually 2 bags of putty and 1 bag of Hardwall, we don't use water and hardwall like home, which is an easier method TBH
I also do my own floating and any other aspects out here just like I did back home also?
Last year I had 18 plasterers working through my Company Ballinderry Plastering which u all can look at Via FB?
U would be amazed at how many plasterers come here and just can't adapt to the different methods, materials etc

When I was in perth in 2012 I didn't struggle with the methods or the materials .... skimming was more or less the same as here in regards to knowing how to handle a trowel but I found the heat a deal breaker when floating internals .... doing 10-15 years of that would ruin your body imo ... Texture coating I enjoyed and wasn't as hard on the body ... still think about getting my permanent visa but not sure id want to start again at 34/35 by time its all going through as ive not seen many sponsored to go over plastering wise .

Good to see all your pics ... don't miss the heat when working though haha or £8 a pint lol

Hi Adam, the heat isn't really a problem TBH mate, we work away doing 100 mtrs of float and set in summer mate, yes it's hard, but u have to just get on with it mate
ATM u would be better staying at home mate, as it's slow out here now and not much work around and the money snd cost of living is crazy, especially if u have a partner and kids mate, the guys that come here on a 1 yr working holiday visa don't actually see the other side of life, if u build s house, buy a descent ute, car etc, they have no pressure out here TBH mate, the amount of lads that have came to me from the UK and near fainted seeing the mtrs they had to cover put them right off

Hi Ally,
That's not bad TBH mate
My biggest day was 10 mate, did that once lol
Average is 5-6 per day mate
If ur on price then that's good mate