Lath and plaster ceiling.

Members online

ant1979

Just started to pull down a lath and plaster ceiling in an old (im assuming) pre 80's house that has artexing everywhere. would it be better to re-board over the artexing or should i just pull the whole lot down? Also there are cracks and blow outs in most of the walls so i thought re-bonding then skimming them, does that sound like the right idea? thanks for the advice in advance.

Just started to pull down a lath and plaster ceiling in an old (im assuming) pre 80's house that has artexing everywhere. would it be better to re-board over the artexing or should i just pull the whole lot down? Also there are cracks and blow outs in most of the walls so i thought re-bonding then skimming them, does that sound like the right idea? thanks for the advice in advance.

it’s definitely pre 80’s

Pictures for the plastering perverts amongst us please! (y)

will this mean there is a possiblitity of asbestos since it's that old?
yep, artex should always be considered asbestos until tested negative in a few places. artex stoped including it 1985 (but supplies were not recalled so abesetos versions were still on sale for years aferwards).

Pull it all down.

yep, artex should always be considered asbestos until tested negative in a few places. artex stoped including it 1985 (but supplies were not recalled so abesetos versions were still on sale for years aferwards).
What few places should test negative?

I bet they find covid when they test it ...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :LOL:

im going to pull both ceilings down today anyway, ive got masks and proper safety gear. on another inspection it looks like someone has artexed over an original ceiling so there might not be any asbestos hopefuly.
But i have told the owner to steer clear of the property for the next 48hrs just in case.

im going to pull both ceilings down today anyway, ive got masks and proper safety gear. on another inspection it looks like someone has artexed over an original ceiling so there might not be any asbestos hopefuly.
But i have told the owner to steer clear of the property for the next 48hrs just in case.
Wind up is this