late payers but a freind

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

so, we all have our horror stories of not being paid off builders/customers etc, but at time of writing I have now being waiting for 8 weeks for 200.00 quid, problem is I know the lad well in fact we both started on the same day at john laings in 1976, this is not the first time I have had to wait, I know I will get paid but also I should not have to wait this long , and it puts me in an awkward situation, me being me I will wait as I know I will get paid, but I should not have to wait this long,....... anybody out there who have had late payers/bad payers/lost money off so called mates, how do you deal with it but at the same time trying to keep that friendship going, this is a question about friends/mates/family members etc,

It don't bother him that he owes u a 2er so fu ck him I'd be on his case big time, And if he never talks to me again who gives a sh it

Depends on how close he is.. If he's really close then maybe not worth falling out over £200 and best to write it off.. If he ain't that close hassle him lime you would any customer

If he's a true friend he'll come good in the end

awkward one. i avoid working for friends and family whenever possible. unless its my mum and dad. its a lose lose situation. if you charge your going rate they think you're some kind of **** for not giving them mates rates, if you give them mates rates you're losing your gooing rate from elsewhere. my brother in law and kids moved into a rented property last year. a right dump. my missus asked if i would skim the whole place for him to make it nice. i did it over a couple of weekends. all the time he was on the xbox or whatsapping his latest heiffer. didnt offer to help. a year later and its not even painted. nice gift for the landlord, though. in the meantime he had a relative die and was left about five grand. bought his new car round to show me, booked a wek in amsterdam while we looked after his kids. did he offer me one penny for the work ... did he ****. steer clear.

why dont you broach it with him.say if you havent got that money you owe me how about helpinh me out for a few days to pay if off

Depends on how close he is.. If he's really close then maybe not worth falling out over £200 and best to write it off.. If he ain't that close hassle him lime you would any customer

If he's a true friend he'll come good in the end
If he was that close he wouldn't put you in this position.

forgot to mention, worked with a plumber last year who was owed 1,200 off his brother in law, he never got paid, caused all kinds of family arguments the 2 sisters have now fallen out completely ,totally ignore each other, difficult at family gatherings/xmas/weddings/etc, a lot and I mean a lot of hassle, bad feelings.

Just drop him a text asking if the carrier pigeon's been blown off course.

scottie, you wont believe this but honestly I have never sent a text in my life, do not know how to send one I can not understand facebook/twitter etc, just don't get it

Come on Hector man up my friend just ask him for your money, he has not paid it as he knows you will wait or worse still allow yourself to be knocked, I'd suggest he does not see you as much as a friend as you see him I'm afraid

Come on Hector man up my friend just ask him for your money, he has not paid it as he knows you will wait or worse still allow yourself to be knocked, I'd suggest he does not see you as much as a friend as you see him I'm afraid

oh I have asked him gps, in fact that does not bother me at all, I am polite but always get my message across, no that is not a problem,.... but I just feel awkward asking somebody I have known for so long,

Hector...do you a want a few of the lads to go sort it for you????

Oli.and..arti do a debt collect or bummed to death service..:RpS_thumbup:

£200 is a lot of money to me pal!! Especially when you have kids to feed etc!!?? I'd say he is no mate at all and I'd be very pissed off!!! When I do work for mates the money by transfer etc is always sorted before I leave !?

oh I have asked him gps, in fact that does not bother me at all, I am polite but always get my message across, no that is not a problem,.... but I just feel awkward asking somebody I have known for so long,
Just tell him mate. We all have bills to pay etc? Any good mate would never do this to you :RpS_thumbup:

Dont be shy when asking for " your" money im not and old plasterer said to me never say thanks for your money there the ones that should thank you!

Could be best 200 quid you ever spent.
Ask him direct for it. He don't pay up then fcuk him.

I've always thought that if anyone came with the old "can't pay" sh it to me I'd just say "OK, I'll have to sort out a 'loan' from some friends of mine. Basically I'm selling the debt. Just make sure you don't miss a payment though cos the interest might kill you" :RpS_crying:

Have been on jobs were some people begrudge paying you when handing over your money as if they've done you a favour ******* ungrateful *****

take him for a pint, hector, and follow this script

you're jo pesci :RpS_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi hector send him a red letter -------- works for me every time I get them -

its the kick up the backside I need to pay the gas/electric :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.