Laser level

JohnDoe

What's a good laser level for Dabbing if any of you use one?

I'm bored of the chalk line as the more and more jobs I do the blockwork gets worse and it's not as simple as marking 25mm around.

Thanks

What's a good laser level for Dabbing if any of you use one?

I'm bored of the chalk line as the more and more jobs I do the blockwork gets worse and it's not as simple as marking 25mm around.

Thanks
Never never never used 1. less tools far plastering the better,buckkingham palace spring to my mind

I was speaking to a guy and he said I need a 3plane laser as it strikes a horizontal line all way around. But I never used one and dont have a clue

The hilti one puts a horizontal line and vertical measure off both sids of the wall put the laser through the marks go over the laser line with chalk line so easy!

Do you have one and do you understand this 3 plane thingy mate?
No I don't have a 3 plane lazer just a cheap 2 plane...
Look at a tiled floor... Grout line going away is one plane.. Line going across is the 2nd plane.. So that is a cross on the floor.. Now the 3rd plane is around the room on the wall. You would use for a paper broader... With a 2 plane lazer you can't put a cross on a floor or ceiling which some will need like a tiler or sparks. Well not with the front firing type like mine. 2 plane is for walls only really with a cross line on the wall.. Although if you move it back it will shine on floor but not ideal for some

Last edited:
Who the hell uses a laser level for dot & dab! Lol.

I use on day rate and price work I do a lot for 2 high end kitchen company's everything has to be bang on square and plumb nothing can be on the piss they pay well because it's spot on!

Not a faff at all 10mins setting room up takes guess work out of it bang on every time kitchen fitters don't have a nightmare on my work!

kitchen fitters don't have a nightmare on my work either pal and I use a straight edges,levels and squares.... never heard or seen anyone having to use a laser level for dot & dab..... each to their own I guess :rolleyes:

I use squares and levels as well m8 I just find with a laser it's quicker and impossible to get wrong if a board gets knocked or lent on you can see it straight away as you said each to there own!

Wouldn't need a level if ceilings and floors were chalked level. Just work to your lines. Surprising how quick you can dab a room when got lines to work to.

Don't have to keep checking level and all that b*ll***s just bang them back to the lines.

Laser levels are ace... I had a cheap Stanley one on a pole and it work as I expected... the only trouble is the line was too thick