Larve and Plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Chaps,

I went and looked at a ceiling that wants re skimming. On the phone the lady said it had abulge I went and saw the job today and well it looks like larve and plaster in a house thats about 100 years old and when I pressed on it boy did it move.

I explained that it wil need ripping down and that it was going to be a fairly big dusty messy job which dod not seem to bother them. I said they should strip the walls or the wood chip and would be best if they pulled the ceiling down themselves and took it away and I would go in and prep ready for the plasterboard.

They seem happy, with what I told them.

Just thought I would mention it....

Any advice would be good but I thnk it would be quite straight forward

Danny

Danny
If your giving them a price for supply & fix make sure you increase the number of boards you think you'll need. Lath & plaster ceilings & walls very rarely have joists that are equally spaced and the waste can be on the large side specially if you are using handyboard. If the old plaster is bulging it sounds like the key onto the laths as broken but when you can see the joists check them for alignment, yet again the line of the joists was not as important as it is now due to the plaster being ruled off.

You'll have to tell me how you managed to get them to rip the old ceiling down, not sure that I could have been that cruel to them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.