Large ceiling

Members online

T

Tam Ross 1888

Guys what’s the best way to tackle an 80m2 ceiling on my own.I won’t be able to coat and second coat the same day due to its size and height.Im concerned about sectioning it because I can’t do it on one day.

I would do half with first and second coat but do not cover first coat entirely.
Next day start from other end (fresh and when you get to previous work blend it in.
Thanks mate was a little concerned about the blending to be honest.Ceilings about 20ft high so no one will notice.lol.

Put scrim where you want to skim to. Pull it off at end . It will leave you a nice little edge to skim in to. Worse case you got a line to tickle with paper.
Thanks mate good tip.Never had to do that before as I have always managed to two coat a ceiling on one day.

Guys what’s the best way to tackle an 80m2 ceiling on my own.I won’t be able to coat and second coat the same day due to its size and height.Im concerned about sectioning it because I can’t do it on one day.
40 meters one day, completely finished. Pull the tape and you've got a fairly nice line to work up to the next day. I usually wet the hard edge quite a lot, rather than weak pva mix, just skim the rest of the ceiling and clean any over spill on the joint.