large ceiling

Members online

ruddez

two of us have a large ceiling to skim but the problem is its 155 sq ms i know we would have to get other plasterers in to do it but rather than get others in could we break the ceiling up in 4 or 5 panels by using skim stop beads just wondering if it would work and how it would look or has anybody come across and skimmed a ceiling this size, any advice thanks.

Big area that!!!

I would get a few spreads in to nail it in 1. Just so you can say you did it!!!

Done well when painted if you joined it no one would tell.

Tape joint an option?

Sub it to a machine lad. Curry got a vid of a 200m2 set on utube!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of you side by side do a rolling gauge.

When it's all on one of you look after the edges while the other simply walks up and down with the spatula on pole.

Dunskies.

Or just get more men in...

Where you based, maybe a couple of lads on here would volunteer to help if theyre local

Get flynnyman in, he'd do it on his own by 9am and would ask for more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

thanks i can get the extra lab but still wondering could we use skim stop beads if not i will get the extra lab

Don't use beads. Put it all on in one set, much better finish. Assuming the lads know they're stuff !

Oh is that how to do a join.... Right.

Never look as good as all in one set in my opinion. When the light catches it you might still see a shadow, depends how well you can patch in, I'd always do it in one go, 4 good lads should eat that up and in the pub like plaster man said !

To each their own though

Never look as good as all in one set in my opinion. When the light catches it you might still see a shadow, depends how well you can patch in, I'd always do it in one go, 4 good lads should eat that up and in the pub like plaster man said !

To each their own though
I agree with you best way get the blokes in + do in one but if hes gona break it up thats the way to go, never seen anyone break one up with stop beads, that would lokk s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To each their own though
A scrim joint done properly u wud never notice..a few spreads and a labourer running round like headless chickens ud notice..can not tell patched in at all If person knows wat there doing

when u say use scrim cloth to make a join do u skim to the centre of the scrim then pull the scrim off before it sets but if u do wont it leave a ragged edge or would it be better to use the skim stop bead and skim to that and then take it off when set and then work from that join

Stop mentioning the bead that's a Rubbish idea pull it off before you ready to throw you next mix on. Just get another man and use speedskim you will be cooking with speedskim and 3 of you throwing it on

when u say use scrim cloth to make a join do u skim to the centre of the scrim then pull the scrim off before it sets but if u do wont it leave a ragged edge or would it be better to use the skim stop bead and skim to that and then take it off when set and then work from that join
Just skim half way on to the scrim and peel off straight after last flick..u wont get a ragged edge..patch like that and ull never look back its the best way to patch

two of us have a large ceiling to skim but the problem is its 155 sq ms i know we would have to get other plasterers in to do it but rather than get others in could we break the ceiling up in 4 or 5 panels by using skim stop beads just wondering if it would work and how it would look or has anybody come across and skimmed a ceiling this size, any advice thanks.

155sqm ceiling! Fcuk sake I'm sweating even thinking about doing a 25-30sq meters ceiling on my own next week or 2. Boarded it out already but can't get skimming it till next or following week! 155sq meters, f**k that! Lol

Agree about the beads. It would look s**t! Is there even a skim bead out like one for expansion joints used for sand&cement?

25 or 30 m2 ceiling should be easy work for a good spread.
On stilts or scaffold
I've worked with people who are worried that ceilings or walls are to big and then they spend ages waiting to trowel them because there to wet.
GET IT ON AND DONT PANIC!

25 or 30 m2 ceiling should be easy work for a good spread.
On stilts or scaffold
I've worked with people who are worried that ceilings or walls are to big and then they spend ages waiting to trowel them because there to wet.
GET IT ON AND DONT PANIC!

This ceiling I'll be mixing myself, and it's a high ceiling. My trestles are about 6 inch to short so it's an extra stretch! O, and another thing, you mentioned a good easy for a good spread :loco:

A good easy for a good spread???? Did I say that
If your mixing your self then yes it will be a good old hit of skim
3 buckets then maybe 1 more for second coat.
A nice sat morning job