Landlords

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolco

Private Member
Some of you maybe a landlord so this info maybe useful, from the 1st October 2015 it is mandatory to have a smoke alarm fitted 1 per floor level (if you got fire doors every fire door counts as 1 floor level), and carbon monoxide alarm 1 per unit, don`t have to be hard wired, battery operated is fine if its an existing dwelling, new builds and conversions should be hard wired and fitted by a competent person. Not complying can land you a 5k fine.

On same note, Legionella risk assessment should be carried out on rental properties periodically every 2 years, this is regarding the water not Air Cons. Some companies offer tests but you only need the risk assessment done. If you don`t comply again you can get fined.
Happy days!

Some of you maybe a landlord so this info maybe useful, from the 1st October 2015 it is mandatory to have a smoke alarm fitted 1 per floor level (if you got fire doors every fire door counts as 1 floor level), and carbon monoxide alarm 1 per unit, don`t have to be hard wired, battery operated is fine if its an existing dwelling, new builds and conversions should be hard wired and fitted by a competent person. Not complying can land you a 5k fine.

On same note, Legionella risk assessment should be carried out on rental properties periodically every 2 years, this is regarding the water not Air Cons. Some companies offer tests but you only need the risk assessment done. If you don`t comply again you can get fined.
Happy days!

heard there are lots of changes coming that will be effecting landlords.. but teh fire alarm thing i think is fairly common sense.. if you need to be told why fire/smoke alarms are a good idea you need your head read

heard there are lots of changes coming that will be effecting landlords.. but teh fire alarm thing i think is fairly common sense.. if you need to be told why fire/smoke alarms are a good idea you need your head read
Trust me 80% of landlords haven`t got a clue, Agents haven`t got a clue. It wasn`t mandatory before, only on HMOs

Status
Not open for further replies.