Lack of Overalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really must be missing something freerider, when i am working all day there is plaster/dust/dirt flying about, at the end of the day my overalls are caked with bits of plaster etc, i take my overall off and my clothes are clean no dust,plaster nothing, i walk into my house no dust plaster on the furniture/carpets anywhere whereas at the end of each day with you , you are taking all this dust/plaster/muck into the van with you and back into your house i just dont get it,to a certain extent i can see where you are coming from by saying its a young man thing but each generation is different, as for the tracksuit bottoms it does my head in, i feel like stopping the van getting out with a baseball bat and smashing there ankles,:RpS_thumbsup:

i really must be missing something freerider, when i am working all day there is plaster/dust/dirt flying about, at the end of the day my overalls are caked with bits of plaster etc, i take my overall off and my clothes are clean no dust,plaster nothing, i walk into my house no dust plaster on the furniture/carpets anywhere whereas at the end of each day with you , you are taking all this dust/plaster/muck into the van with you and back into your house i just dont get it,to a certain extent i can see where you are coming from by saying its a young man thing but each generation is different, as for the tracksuit bottoms it does my head in, i feel like stopping the van getting out with a baseball bat and smashing there ankles,:RpS_thumbsup:
I will stop wearing them, promise

I think it is each to their own Hector ,but please put away the baseball bat :RpS_crying:

always wear a white boiler suit makes total sense to me, keeps your clothes clean not taking dust and muck into house, shave every morning before i go out to work , i think its just being bone idle and not bothered about your appearance if you dont do it, and whenever i see lads wearing tracksuit bottoms i just think total scumbags, but anyhoooo thats me, when i started in 1976 the plasterers all wore overalls and the older spreads then wore ties and brown bib and brace overalls:RpS_thumbsup:

I started in 72 and a couple of the older spreads in their 60's, Yes that's right in their 60's wore white bib and brace and wore ties. But this was in the day of when nearly all spreads went to work on a bus.

I went home once on a bus in 77 and tried this no overalls lark. Well the bus filled up and was full of people standing but no one sat next to me. That was so embarrassing that was the end of looking a tramp and boiler suit it was with a change of footwear as well. I have a shave as well before leaving for work. Have a breakfast as well. non of this I need a cafe at 9.30 rubbish because I need my breakfast. Those idiots of mine simply have to without although if they have no fags I go and get some. They are useless without a nicotine injection.

But I am from a different generation, a generation that can bus it or walk it to work and can mix browning and gobbo with a shovel (well could, backs had it).

Maybe in 20 years time todays babies will be different to how things are today in the trade.

i wear me "onesie" which is great for when i leave the big tiger stripes in the finish cos it look like a reflection from my onesie tiger suit

Well i'am an old codger as well, and back in the seventies i used to wear army surplice clothe's , nowadays i wear tracky-bottoms old shirt,and trainers, who gives a monkeys what you wear, as long as your work is top-notch, i never went to work on a Bus ffs !! always an estate car,years ago ,and now a traffic-van!! as plasterers have always had a lot of kit.......

Well i'am an old codger as well, and back in the seventies i used to wear army surplice clothe's , nowadays i wear tracky-bottoms old shirt,and trainers, who gives a monkeys what you wear, as long as your work is top-notch, i never went to work on a Bus ffs !! always an estate car,years ago ,and now a traffic-van!! as plasterers have always had a lot of kit.......
look out for Hector with that baseball bat Gooner :RpS_scared:

maybe its more a young man thing

Yep, we're both old and wear Bib & Braces, in the wrong colour though, must get a couple of pairs in white!
We did both wear jeans and 'signed-up' polo shirts but now both see the benefits of overalls.

I wear shorts mostly, although if it's chilly, I have some Blaklader trousers for boarding and some white overalls for taping. I was thinking about buying a rabbit onesie for a laugh and using it occasionally for work. Would look good with my toolbelt on.

i wear me "onesie" which is great for when i leave the big tiger stripes in the finish cos it look like a reflection from my onesie tiger suit

dear kev, my head aches reading your post ,what pray is a onesie, i can not make any sense at all of your comments,sorry to say that me and you could not work together, bet you call your handboard a hawwwwk as well, got another bad head coming on now, all best hector:RpS_thumbsup:

I started in 72 and a couple of the older spreads in their 60's, Yes that's right in their 60's wore white bib and brace and wore ties. But this was in the day of when nearly all spreads went to work on a bus.

I went home once on a bus in 77 and tried this no overalls lark. Well the bus filled up and was full of people standing but no one sat next to me. That was so embarrassing that was the end of looking a tramp and boiler suit it was with a change of footwear as well. I have a shave as well before leaving for work. Have a breakfast as well. non of this I need a cafe at 9.30 rubbish because I need my breakfast. Those idiots of mine simply have to without although if they have no fags I go and get some. They are useless without a nicotine injection.

But I am from a different generation, a generation that can bus it or walk it to work and can mix browning and gobbo with a shovel (well could, backs had it).

Maybe in 20 years time todays babies will be different to how things are today in the trade.

well said rigsby well said

dear kev, my head aches reading your post ,what pray is a onesie, i can not make any sense at all of your comments,sorry to say that me and you could not work together, bet you call your handboard a hawwwwk as well, got another bad head coming on now, all best hector:RpS_thumbsup:
.Hector, for your benefit. a onesie ..
onesie_zpsc9e64d86.jpg
.as modelled by Rhys.:-0

Well next time we drive passed eachother, Ill get out with me backwards cap, jogging bottoms.. you get out in ya overalls.. both with baseball bats, and do eachother some damage y0. ;)

Each to their own man! and you are right, I take **** indoors with me because I don't change my clothes and have no real excuse for it other than.. I cant be arsed changing them. Lol but, whatevs. :)

Seen young'uns with joggers and a trackie top looking like they've been sh@t on by a flock of incontinent seagulls.. Not for me.
We wear white polos (with company name on), white bib & brace or trousers (Englebert Strauss) and white jumper (with company name on) when working. Then get changed into clean jeans and clean white jumper/green fleece jacket (with company name on) and a green bodywarmer. Nowt better than to look smart on and off a job. May look like a flour grader but we look professional.

Tiger suit onesie <--------- click the link :RpS_thumbsup:

Tiger suit onesie <--------- click the link :RpS_thumbsup:

oh kevin kevin kevin,tell me this is a wind up,nobody wears a onesie as you call them, its surely an attempt to wind me up good joke i almost fell for it, on the other hand if i , was working with somebody wearing this, i would be in the cells, :RpS_thumbsup:

last bloke who told me i couldnt have a brekfast at work got a handhawk full of browning in his snapbox

i laffed out loud and spilt my beer haha:RpS_lol:

lee you owe me a beer:glare:

muffty days???

just what i was thinking nps, what the heck does that mean, they have some strange words our southern freinds, i would like to be there at bait time with them and just listen to them talk we would not understand a word :RpS_thumbsup:

ermmm ive never herd of, or herd anyone else say mufty day.
and BAIT you mean lunch your not goin fishing ffs :RpS_wink:

its called bait whats the matter with our southern freinds, does nobody speak english down in the south:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.