Labourers Rates

Members online

Got to be honest I was surprised you see posts on their around £100 a day and the comments underneath :eek:

The trouble is that labourers would work for builders and learn how to adapt and be useful for many trades , acquiring a good skill level for everything to run smoothly , now it's just for one trade , boredom easily creeps in

Been on a couple of Facebook job groups for labs...they are demanding £14-£20 per hour. Some adverts recruiting at £20 per hour.

I'm thinking about trying to raise my rates to £300 per day.

a local labourer, waiting on 2 plasterers who are floating houses in sand and cement . plenty of hod carrying is on £170 per day. as a self employed person this equates to a true figure of around £105 per day.

The trouble is that labourers would work for builders and learn how to adapt and be useful for many trades , acquiring a good skill level for everything to run smoothly , now it's just for one trade , boredom easily creeps in
I started as a builders labourer on £2 an hour in 1990. For comparison I think that was about a quarter of what the joiner was getting. Didn't walk around with my eyes shut though

the chap that i am talking about is a proper plasterers labour. someone who can hod corse stuff all day. for £80 per day you will only get a druggie or a piss head.
He would have to be wanking me off malc under table at brew time for them rates

It's weird that there might be labourers out there earning more than tradies...shows how bad wage suppression has been over the last 10 years.

the chap that i am talking about is a proper plasterers labour. someone who can hod corse stuff all day. for £80 per day you will only get a druggie or a piss head.

That's all I need. It's mostly just to do stuff I can't be arsed with like cleaning buckets and sweeping up

Keeping 2 good spreads loaded with s/c all day is worth the money

Keeping 2 good spreads loaded with s/c all day is worth the money
I knew a few of those kind of lads back in the day. There wouldn't be too many of them about now though what with machines for everything and premix delivered to site in buckets

Plenty of times malc,bread and butter is floating..never heard of a brew break until 55

well then you know that floating was where a plasterer earned the most money. an average plasterer can float 100 m2 per day.in sand and cement, a good one would cover a lot more.

Who floats houses in sand and cement now? As in a long run of work? How does a gang keep a labourer on at £170 a day floating houses in s&c? Just curious

100 a day before tax, ni etc worth there weight in gold, good labs, particularly in the render game that’s labour intense. I guess it’s a london and north thing though

100 a day before tax, ni etc worth there weight in gold, good labs, particularly in the render game that’s labour intense. I guess it’s a london and north thing though

good lab worth their weight in gold. Agree.

good lab worth their weight in gold. Agree.
I look as it from the view there doing stuff that you’d have to do, in the render game, it’s just cleaning up etc simple tasks meaning I can get on with something else. I’ve bumped loads up over the years, my right hand man started off as a lab, he now runs decent size sites for me, lives in a nice house etc

I look as it from the view there doing stuff that you’d have to do, in the render game, it’s just cleaning up etc simple tasks meaning I can get on with something else. I’ve bumped loads up over the years, my right hand man started off as a lab, he now runs decent size sites for me, lives in a nice house etc

Always difficult . A good lab who understands the role, and has a brain is definitely worth their weight in gold. Can always be one step away from bailing out too. Often to their detriment though!

Always difficult . A good lab who understands the role, and has a brain is definitely worth their weight in gold. Can always be one step away from bailing out too. Often to their detriment though!
Of course. If the guy has half a brain hell be watching and learning

Average working days per year about 250, probably less in our game. That means if you had a full time labourer on £100 a day take home that's the equivalent of £35,750.00 gross salary if they were employed :sorprendido3: @imago might need to check mathematics on the old mathmahawk