Labourer West Yorkshire .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfp

Anyone available for casual work poss leading to full time position in hudd's area ? experience as plasterers labourer ability to board , spread advantageous ...:RpS_biggrin:

Anyone available for casual work poss leading to full time position in hudd's area ? experience as plasterers labourer ability to board , spread advantageous ...:RpS_biggrin:
So your looking for a plasterer who will accept a labourers wage?

I never mentioned anything about wages ! Labourers get labourers wages , if they can do a little more and want to progress then , there day rate will reflect that ...

I never mentioned anything about wages ! Labourers get labourers wages , if they can do a little more and want to progress then , there day rate will reflect that ...

so labourers get labourers wages and people who can spread and board get what?

I would pay a good improver £80.00 a day if he was working with one of our good experienced guys for an 8 hour day and they were getting stuff done , all I would expect is that he could cut and fit boards spread a little and not be getting under anyone's feet ! Good guys on my jobs get £150 to £175 a day , that's the very least I try to pay myself , but even I on some jobs have earned less than that to win a job and keep our customers happy.. I've been in this game twenty years through the highs and lows , not on here to make any enemy's , to be honest generally I'm too busy actually doing jobs to be on here talking s#*t , which is the impression I get about a lot of people posting stuff on here . Nonetheless it's a good site with some interesting info and networking opportunities ! I only signed on because a friend suggested i may find someone selling a render spray machine , but it's quite addictive and funny watching everyone slagging each other off ? Funny old world we live in ....

I would pay a good improver £80.00 a day if he was working with one of our good experienced guys for an 8 hour day and they were getting stuff done , all I would expect is that he could cut and fit boards spread a little and not be getting under anyone's feet ! Good guys on my jobs get £150 to £175 a day , that's the very least I try to pay myself , but even I on some jobs have earned less than that to win a job and keep our customers happy.. I've been in this game twenty years through the highs and lows , not on here to make any enemy's , to be honest generally I'm too busy actually doing jobs to be on here talking s#*t , which is the impression I get about a lot of people posting stuff on here . Nonetheless it's a good site with some interesting info and networking opportunities ! I only signed on because a friend suggested i may find someone selling a render spray machine , but it's quite addictive and funny watching everyone slagging each other off ? Funny old world we live in ....
Well said, you could of said mind your own business. Saved you typing time..

Say it how it is ! Like I said good site don't know why we never checked it out earlier , no doubt some god guy's on here !? No one knows everything so good for questions and answers ....

We will see in 12 months :)

Whats your point flynny? You had a bad eeek? :RpS_w00t:

Someone offering work... seems good to me :) He needs labourer But Iif a plasterer comes along then that will work as well or have I missed the point?

Danny

Thank's Danny ! Flynny's alright . like I said in earlier post not here to make enemies only been on a day and sites been a great help already everyone I've spoke to seem well versed in topics I've expressed interest in so alls good ! :RpS_biggrin: My view is if need some lads if there on here they will be more use to us than the fools we've had the good fortune of meeting via jobcenterplus plus ...

Whats your point flynny? You had a bad eeek? :RpS_w00t:

Someone offering work... seems good to me :) He needs labourer But Iif a plasterer comes along then that will work as well or have I missed the point?

Danny

Probably because the thread title mentions wanting a Labourer :RpS_thumbup:

Like what bubbles says dan, the lads new, lookin for a labourer who can plaster then we all become labourers, fair enough the lads offering work nice one. A lad come on the other day lookin for spreads who can do it and if they cant they will be down the road. Thats how it should be if hes lookin for a plasterer who can only skim and do a bit of boarding then he would of been better putting that up coz he might have a few takers. I wasnt having a dig just tryng to iron out a few creases :)

To be honest I've got work for both , it's a competitive market and we all have to start somewhere , in all fairness we look after our lads ! I know a guy in demo and he's paying English lads £30 quid a day which I find appalling , but some people out there will work for next to nothing .. I can keep people in steady work and pay what I believe to be fair rates ! Like I mentioned before even I've earned less than my day rate on occasions , it is disheartening but work is work and even if it's pennies they do turn into pounds ... I'd rather be on a job for a little less than be sat at home twiddling my thumbs . I apologise if i didn't post in the correct manner !? I would never expect anyone with anything about them to work for labourers rates , but I will say if you are going to work with us even in a labouring capacity I want guys who can do more than splosh muck on a hawk .. Nobody handed me anything on a plate !

Are you still looking for a labourer/improver? How long is work for?

I would say from about 8am till 5pm but this guy may want you to work till 5.30 ;) he hasent left his details but im sure he will be back to talk **** with the rest of us :)

To be honest I've got work for both , it's a competitive market and we all have to start somewhere , in all fairness we look after our lads ! I know a guy in demo and he's paying English lads £30 quid a day which I find appalling , but some people out there will work for next to nothing .. I can keep people in steady work and pay what I believe to be fair rates ! Like I mentioned before even I've earned less than my day rate on occasions , it is disheartening but work is work and even if it's pennies they do turn into pounds ... I'd rather be on a job for a little less than be sat at home twiddling my thumbs . I apologise if i didn't post in the correct manner !? I would never expect anyone with anything about them to work for labourers rates , but I will say if you are going to work with us even in a labouring capacity I want guys who can do more than splosh muck on a hawk .. Nobody handed me anything on a plate !

fair enough

can i just add to the people saying........so you want a plasterer at a labourers wage????
no he doesnt how many times have we all said "just cos you can board and skim a wall does not make you a plasterer" apparently now it does though when the op askes for someone who can do these aspects of the trade

can i just add to the people saying........so you want a plasterer at a labourers wage????
no he doesnt how many times have we all said "just cos you can board and skim a wall does not make you a plasterer" apparently now it does though when the op askes for someone who can do these aspects of the trade
Fair point so are you gonna change your name to jrlabouring?

i told ya if you change yours i might consider changing mine but proberly not ive done my years of labouring

Status
Not open for further replies.