labourer wanted somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into your local college ask the lecturer if there is one kid who is interested and go from there, I am sick of getting local kids I think my next call will be the college. You can get them for free for a week they need to do a week to pass some of the course my mates just took on two. It is a very sad state of affairs when I left school in 88 we were hungry for work Yeh there were wasters but seems the majority are wasters and the ones that are not wasters are going to uni to get a stupid degree in something they will never do. Where are all the people who come on here begging to work to **** all when you need them? Or is it more of an idea in their heads until it becomes a reality?

It's because when a plasterer or builder advertises work on here, the blokes who say they've got no work suddenly don't need it, maybe because they are scared of being found out they are chancers :RpS_laugh:
But when a member of public advertises they're all over it lol. :rolleyes)

It's because when a plasterer or builder advertises work on here, the blokes who say they've got no work suddenly don't need it, maybe because they are scared of being found out they are chancers :RpS_laugh:
But when a member of public advertises they're all over it lol. :rolleyes)
Your so suspicious ;)

It's like today and all the remembrance about the first world war. Can you see any 17 year old going off to fight for queen and country . Unless they can fight using there x box in there virtual worlds they all live in then I can't see it.
My Grandad was at the Somme ,lied about his age ,like many ,on the out brake of the second world war ,he threw his medals in the bin ,he felt he had"fault the wars to end all wars ",with respect would you fight for Queen and County today

My Grandad was at the Somme ,lied about his age ,like many ,on the out brake of the second world war ,he threw his medals in the bin ,he felt he had"fault the wars to end all wars ",with respect would you fight for Queen and County today

I have, and would again......

Started an 18 year old last week get a text this morning he has a cold, a F*****g cold in the middle of summer lol my missus just said it's the parents they should of sent him with a cold to be sent home this generation is truly ******. The internet generation want it all now and are not prepared to work and wait for it they want it now at the tap of a button. The whole apprenticeship system needs a rethink instead of giving kids the dole give it them as an apprentice so if I employ someone for four years it doesn't cost me a penny that is the only way I will ever send a lad through college and I know there are grants from the citb but that doesn't even cover the days when they are at college in wages never mind having to pay someone else on their days off. There is a shortage of skilled plasterers and it will only get worse the trade is being diluted to ****

To be fair mate he probably made up an excuse as he didn't want to work with a miserable git with a chip on his shoulder, and couldn't face the reality that if he stayed with you he would be skimming plasterboard on site day in day out for the rest of his life and learning nothing about plastering.

:RpS_lol:

To be fair mate he probably made up an excuse as he didn't want to work with a miserable git with a chip on his shoulder, and couldn't face the reality that if he stayed with you he would be skimming plasterboard on site day in day out for the rest of his life and learning nothing about plastering.

:RpS_lol:
He would still know more than you or could just pretend he does like you lol

as a 31 year old trainee who works with a bunch of 18 year olds in college 3 days a week...I wouldn't hire an 18 year old even if you think you are giving them a chance. You often find late 20's early 30's if you want to retrain you are ****** because the only offers out there are for the 18 year olds who don't give a **** about working or learning to work. Its the same in college, they are to busy having a laugh rather than getting the plaster on the walls like they are there to do.

I used to run a retail business and I used to hire and fire young'uns on a regular basis. Sod that for a laugh when you are training in the long term. Alas though I am up North not down south. Hope you have better luck.

Hi, Paul. You wouldnt be from Martock by anychance?, My names Barry am 41 and consider myself a real good plasterer, however this machine plaster is all new so if your still looking. Id be up for work. Am currently out work at the moment since finished the site at South Petherton. Was hopin to get on the site for whyet homes who did the outh petherton site but the pay was to short. If youd like to give me a call be great. my number is 07767159986

Hi, Paul. You wouldnt be from Martock by anychance?, My names Barry am 41 and consider myself a real good plasterer, however this machine plaster is all new so if your still looking. Id be up for work. Am currently out work at the moment since finished the site at South Petherton. Was hopin to get on the site for whyet homes who did the outh petherton site but the pay was to short. If youd like to give me a call be great. my number is 07767159986
@simplybesty

Last edited by a moderator:
hi paul. im not a youngin anymore, am 41 and already a good spread. not done any with this machine tho but willin to give it ago. im a hard worker and as single with no ties be willin to work away. my E/mail address is bazfoz517@gmail.com Just finished work at a site in south-petherton and as not takin on the site in yeovil as payment no good am out of work at mo. please mail me if I sound righr to you. thanks bazfoz

Status
Not open for further replies.