Labourer price

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

Hi guys some advice not used a labourer for ages as me and father in law work it together but were in need of one for a rendering job were doing what's a lab look for these days on a day work rate??

ermmmm @Danny we dnt discuss prices on the forum i think you will find its in the rules:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
As in what variables sand and cement render knock up with a mixer and barrow to spot board or bucket up scaffold wash up after us? Must have cscs card as required by site. I was thinking around 50 - 60a day is that a fair price??

As in what variables sand and cement render knock up with a mixer and barrow to spot board or bucket up scaffold wash up after us? Must have cscs card as required by site. I was thinking around 50 - 60a day is that a fair price??
If you will be his main employer ,then you need to put him on the cards

Start on £40 and then increase it that will give him satisfaction and give you scope to increase wages :)

Danny

Start on £40 and then increase it that will give him satisfaction and give you scope to increase wages :)

Danny
His at it again :RpS_scared: if you carry on talking prices ,think i will block you Danny ,rules are rules :RpS_mad: :RpS_wink:

i do not think that you will get much at that money.
we can get one when needed, he can hod up a 3 story house all day long, he will tell you to have a good look at your spot board, because thats the last you are going to see of it till we have finished. we give him one and a half in sausage and mash.

Depends where you are and what you are doing.

Internals - £25.00/£40.00

External - £50.00/£80.00

Good prices I would expect constant mixing, dropping mesh, prepping substate, taping up/Pva in front of me.

The lower prices would be just mixing and cleaning up.

Depends where you are and what you are doing.

Internals - £25.00/£40.00

External - £50.00/£80.00

Good prices I would expect constant mixing, dropping mesh, prepping substate, taping up/Pva in front of me.

The lower prices would be just mixing and cleaning up.
So you work on your own Mac ?:RpS_wink:

90% of the time, yeah.

Absolutely flooded with plasterers around here, 5 on my street 6 including me, must be about 100 in a village of 5000, some good, some not so good, so extra labour there if needed.

I would love to take a lad on but, think I need bit more experience on my own, learn a bit more plus need to keep constant work flowing, also puts me off that basics can be picked up quick and possibly risk having your own lads undercutting you. Happened to rigsby & Ceevee who are local to me.

Tend to stay away from younger labourers because of their attitude, older guys tend to understand the theory of getting job done then getting off home.

90% of the time, yeah.

Absolutely flooded with plasterers around here, 5 on my street 6 including me, must be about 100 in a village of 5000, some good, some not so good, so extra labour there if needed.

I would love to take a lad on but, think I need bit more experience on my own, learn a bit more plus need to keep constant work flowing, also puts me off that basics can be picked up quick and possibly risk having your own lads undercutting you. Happened to rigsby & Ceevee who are local to me.

Tend to stay away from younger labourers because of their attitude, older guys tend to understand the theory of getting job done then getting off home.
i have a young lad on the cards been with me 6 years now ,he is a god send . I have also had plasterers which i have trained that are on there own now , we were all labours once ,as you were , life moves on mate

Your right buddy, i still need to learn a few more tricks though.

I only do domestics though Keith so it would be hard to get a lad on full time with out upping the prices slightly, then run the risk of pricing yourself out of work.

Just in process of getting ewi nvq so well see what that brings and see if extra work comes from it.

His at it again :RpS_scared: if you carry on talking prices ,think i will block you Danny ,rules are rules :RpS_mad: :RpS_wink:

Its his ball and you will have to play his rules or he'll take it home ...................:RpS_blink:

yeah artisan i like how the forth stoogie has been dropped already:RpS_cursing::RpS_crying:

How much is a labourer worth? Well, how good is he? If he is a thicko like most labs are then they are worth peanuts. But you do get the odd star. I get one about every 15 years or so on average but they usually come on a laid off basis and then go back to their regular when work comes back in.

A good labourer is fit, reliable, knows what you want and when you want it. He is always ahead of you and cleaning up behind you. You are busy putting on while he is busy doing everything else but putting on. Once you have finished putting on he cleans your tools and within 10 minutes you are on your way home. But good labs a hard to find.

I would start off with as little as possible, give them a target of what you expect of them and what is in it for them in £££ if they can give you what you want in exchange for that £££. I find though they prefer less wages than working not so much as hard but working smart.

are you mental?

it depends on the areas you are going to cover, we would sooner pay someone that knows what they are doing, then employ someone who is a dead weight, and ofcorse we are all earning money.
we only use a labourer on rendering or floating, as these are the areas where you can still earn good money.
all though he is a plasterer , he has worked with our gangs for 26 years now, and he is always willing to go on the hod.

Last edited:
There was a time when to be a plasterers labourer meant hodding for two spreads, scratching up a fair portion of the walls and doing the the cleaning up. Oh how things change.

sod that our firms only got one lab and sometimes he has to labour on 4 of us all usung 75litre buckets, the poor little dears facked by the time weve finished for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.