Labourer of 2 years looking to learn with someone (surrey, hampshire?

Members online

Jk1234

Hi guys first post here hopefully someone can help me.

Started plastering 2 years ago as a labourer with promises I'll get taught promises of money once I'm taught (I was digging holes for a living before on not great money so I wasn't a stranger to a days graft but I had a little one due so more money would help.)

Well 2 years on and I'm nowhere to be honest. My labouring routine is down my boss has to tell me nothing everything is already done next room skrimmed and beaded up and he still won't put me on the trowel. Hell give me a go for 3 days in a row but then won't give me a go for another month. I've asked and he always says oh not on this job. I labour for 2 spreads.

Anyway is anyone looking for a labourer/improver in the hampshire/surrey area? I can put 2 bags on tops and trowel it up to a decent standard I just haven't had the practice as he won't let me. (Not trying to impress here lol just letting people know I'm not a blank canvas who can't get it off the hawk)

But anyone willing to give a chance I'll work my ass off as I really want to learn and I'm going nowhere with this spread.

Thanks

Hi guys first post here hopefully someone can help me.

Started plastering 2 years ago as a labourer with promises I'll get taught promises of money once I'm taught (I was digging holes for a living before on not great money so I wasn't a stranger to a days graft but I had a little one due so more money would help.)

Well 2 years on and I'm nowhere to be honest. My labouring routine is down my boss has to tell me nothing everything is already done next room skrimmed and beaded up and he still won't put me on the trowel. Hell give me a go for 3 days in a row but then won't give me a go for another month. I've asked and he always says oh not on this job. I labour for 2 spreads.

Anyway is anyone looking for a labourer/improver in the hampshire/surrey area? I can put 2 bags on tops and trowel it up to a decent standard I just haven't had the practice as he won't let me. (Not trying to impress here lol just letting people know I'm not a blank canvas who can't get it off the hawk)

But anyone willing to give a chance I'll work my ass off as I really want to learn and I'm going nowhere with this spread.

Thanks

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Make your own opportunities to get on the trowel. I know there's always stuff to do but even so you can still probably do it.

Or, if you can throw on two bags as well as you say, that's enough to do domestic work. Get a van and start doing weekend work.

The last fella I worked for actively encouraged everyone to be looking for work. Then he'd send whoever got the work men on a day rate....that means that far from mithering the boss for trowel time, you're the f**k**g boss.

Up here for thinking, Grasshopper. Down there for dancing.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Make your own opportunities to get on the trowel. I know there's always stuff to do but even so you can still probably do it.

Or, if you can throw on two bags as well as you say, that's enough to do domestic work. Get a van and start doing weekend work.

The last fella I worked for actively encouraged everyone to be looking for work. Then he'd send whoever got the work men on a day rate....that means that far from mithering the boss for trowel time, you're the f**k**g boss.

Up here for thinking, Grasshopper. Down there for dancing.
But I don't want to be one of these cowboys going into people's houses and not doing banging work. My work is nowhere near a spreads work but it's okayish. I couldn't charge someone and not produce banging work or id already be doing it. I'm after a spread I can learn with and if i do go wrong they can rectify it tell me why etc. I don't wanna chance it and ruin people's houses.