Labourer in nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy2484

So I'm thinking of using a labourer when I'm working on my plastering jobs, just mixing and cleaning really....must have their own transport and most importantly be hard working and reliable

Please send me your mobile or email me and and I'll call you back.

cheers

simon

Do you know what leebo, 100% agree with ya.....I was hoping someone might prove me wrong ......no offers as of yet......

Mind due I was working on site with a load of speads in Chesterfield last week....and to be fair they were all in there early twenties and they worked there socks off! They were like machines.....total respect to them....I kept up with them, but only just!! And if you remembet the post about the bullying on site recently...... Well within a couple of hours they had ripped me to pieces and my nickname was " bad grampa" and I fooking loved it!!

The banter was mint!! I gave just as good as I received lol

Windy I had a few labourers but never had one that would want all the time sorry to be negative but I think u will struggle to get one who will not let u down and will do what u expect of him in a day....saying that I did meet a guy from derby college who said anytime u need a trainee to give him a shout cus they struggle to get the lads out on real life jobs I will send u his number that might be best for u...not to have the commitment of full time labour but as and when u need them.u might have to pick them up though again that's a pain in the butt,I find that getting another plasterer that knows what they doing is better than having labourer but obviously that cost more but u can get through more work if u are upto your neck in jobs

I know you're right plasterman, my business is starting to take off and I just want someone to take that side of things away, eg cleaning, mixing... But in all honesty would I be able to stay away knowing how important it is for clean mixing buckets and a loose second coat.... I may as well just bite the bullet and just admit defeat.... Reliability is my thing and I'd get wound up if they were late or couldn't be arsed!

hi windy i am looking to help a plasterer on weekends as i am currently working fulltime , have lots of experience in the building trade and my own transport and tools , have done a fair bit of plastering too and studwork , dot and dab live just south of nottingham near melton , give us a call if you think i could be of any help
andy 07513652170

Hi Simon, I have come across a couple of your posts requesting a labourer in the Nottingham area. In February I completed an intense two week City and Guilds course at the construction skills college in Stoke and have had a steady weekend work load since then working alone without advertising. I have come to a point where I am in the process of reducing my hours at my current job to pursue plastering full time. I am looking to do things properly and feel this would be the perfect opportunity for me to gain experience. Having done around a dozen jobs locally in areas such as Beeston, Baseford, Clifton, Draycott and as far as Matlock, I fully understand why you are looking to have someone take care of certain aspects of the job. I'm fully aware of what its like to arrive at a job at 07:00 and still be there cleaning out buckets, cleaning skirting down and hoovering up 12 hours later. I live in Beeston, just a 20min drive from Mapperley, and obviously have my own tools and transport.
The thing that also stood out from your post is that you are looking for reliability. I have recently turned 30 and have not had a days absence since Sept 2007 in a job which pays sick pay and one that that I could never say I have particularly enjoyed, hence the change in career. I have worked shifts for nearly 13 years so early starts/late finishes are nothing new to me. Working a 6/7 day week is also the norm for me having had the responsibility of paying a mortgage whilst supporting my missus as she pursued a new career as a midwife over the last 3 years.
I realise this may be long winded but I wanted to stress that I am far from a time waster and am extremely driven to becoming a successful plasterer. I think I could also bring something to the table in terms of possibly finding work too.
My email address is sid1985@hotmail.co.uk
Look forward to your response.
Regards.
Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.