Krend

Members online

Pips

Hello
I am buying a house which is currently being refurbished inside and out. The house was to be rendered in white (‘K Rend through colour or similar’ according to the planning consent) but the finish looks grey and patchy.
The developer says that it cannot be painted and this is it - there is no topcoat or anything to finish it. Does anybody know what options there are for getting it whiter and a better finish as I am really not happy with it as it is (the photo was taken through the fence hence the grid on the picture!).

Attachments

• A5D2A22E-B1FB-415E-9FB3-B4B93B48BE8B.jpeg
    A5D2A22E-B1FB-415E-9FB3-B4B93B48BE8B.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 201
Hello
I am buying a house which is currently being refurbished inside and out. The house was to be rendered in white (‘K Rend through colour or similar’ according to the planning consent) but the finish looks grey and patchy.
The developer says that it cannot be painted and this is it - there is no topcoat or anything to finish it. Does anybody know what options there are for getting it whiter and a better finish as I am really not happy with it as it is (the photo was taken through the fence hence the grid on the picture!).
@Stewie03 or @ChrispyUK are your go to men for this

Hello
Looks like it's been sponged up instead of scraped and it can be painted he's talking s**t

Thank you all for your help…the developer said that painting it would remove its weatherproofing and mean I would need to keep repainting it every couple of years - is that the case?

Does sponging rather than scraping explain why it has ended up grey rather than white (the photo doesn’t show how grey it actually is)?

@John j - it is not a new build…it was originally pebble dashed I think and all of that was taken off so it was bare brick and then this new render was applied.

Thank you all once again!

Thank you all for your help…the developer said that painting it would remove its weatherproofing and mean I would need to keep repainting it every couple of years - is that the case?

Does sponging rather than scraping explain why it has ended up grey rather than white (the photo doesn’t show how grey it actually is)?

@John j - it is not a new build…it was originally pebble dashed I think and all of that was taken off so it was bare brick and then this new render was applied.

Thank you all once again!
It hasn't been done properly if it had of been scraped and done properly it would be the right colour if they used water when sponging up it washes the colour out and looks patchy and the developer is talking complete s**t about its weatherproofing it would eventually need painting in the future though at the end of the day it's been done wrong in the first place