krend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
could somebody please explain in detail how to use krend. i know how to apply etc, but the finishing of it. i know u rule off, leave till hardish, then scrape and brush, but could some1 tell me in a bit more detail. also good places to get it from. cheapest i can find is 8.50+vat. cheers

you need to apply in the afternoon then scrape the following day , use an i section first to flatten the wall off then use a scratch pad in smallish circular motions to get a uniform finish but make sure you go right over it and check thouroughly that you have scrape all of it and that there are no small misses in it once your happy brush down thouroughly with a soft clean broom

if your worried about getting misses then les sells some 'no miss' glasses..simplybesty has a pair and he swears by them

not there tomorrow but gotta go back n finish reveals next week, is that the construction consultant ???, no point asking me any questions, lol

Merlin, im about 15mins from olney, but im working in welwyn tommorrow. u there any other days?

And yes, i will ask u a lot of questions :)

you need to watch merlin nick he drinks out of a big pink cup with spots on it and he looks like the builder in the village people ....and ffs dont get in the back of the van if he asks you ....no matter what he reckons he's got to show you lol

in yardley hastings 2moz near olney , only got garden walls to do so will spray 2moz scrape back fri morning, working with weber next week , just the same your welcome to tag along.

southernmonkey said:
you need to watch merlin nick he drinks out of a big pink cup with spots on it and he looks like the builder in the village people ....and ffs dont get in the back of the van if he asks you ....no matter what he reckons he's got to show you lol
tw@t. lol

yeah ill do my best to get over. if not then ill try next week. got quite a bit to do at the mo.

im in woburn, wheres wymington?

southernmonkey said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I just got an email from a customers dad asking me to do K rend, Ive never done it before either, cant be that hard I'd have thought.

nelly said:
I just got an email from a customers dad asking me to do K rend, Ive never done it before either, cant be that hard I'd have thought.
nelly if you have a go keel supply stock loads of it an pretty cheap too an all the coulored beads

nick0412 said:
could somebody please explain in detail how to use krend. i know how to apply etc, but the finishing of it. i know u rule off, leave till hardish, then scrape and brush, but could some1 tell me in a bit more detail. also good places to get it from. cheapest i can find is 8.50+vat. cheers
always good to rule off scratch before top coat.apply k-rend and straighten walls then close with trowel leave to take but don,t leave till set hard as you will not have any arm left when you scratch it,use k-rend float in circular movements as not to leave lines in walls, once you have done one you will see how it goes off its not to bad to use but helps to get your timing right to rub it.

madmonk said:
nelly said:
nelly if you have a go keel supply stock loads of it an pretty cheap too an all the coulored beads

Ta matey.

buffalo said:
nick0412 said:
always good to rule off scratch before top coat.apply k-rend and straighten walls then close with trowel leave to take but don,t leave till set hard as you will not have any arm left when you scratch it,use k-rend float in circular movements as not to leave lines in walls, once you have done one you will see how it goes off its not to bad to use but helps to get your timing right to rub it.

Better to use a bit of i-section.....When iv'e done it we never used the steel floats, only on small areas....Would evan use back of the trowel on the window returns..

well im not doing it now. cant find anywhere that will supply krend without a £60 charge as its less than a pallett and apparently they wont sell beads unless its buy the box. so for 20 bags, 20 beads, roll of mesh and 4 hpx it came to £650 material cost. so we decided id do it in sand and cement (with the bags left over from the last job) and id paint it after

Status
Not open for further replies.