Krend/Webber onto painted surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad82

I'll be the first to admit I'm mainly internal never done that much external. I'm giving someone a hand this week using Webber on a old building. Most is bk to brick but some is painted and wondered how other spreads would go about it. Spread I'm helping is sbr slurrying first but I've seen K rend come off with someone doing that. I also been told you can just backing coat and mesh over it because of polymers in backing. Is there a better/right way???

Weber tech support will say not to use sbr slurry and to use their base coat rend aid, if you choose to use sbr you will void the guarantee. For krend a lot of spreads are using a sand and cem base but again krend wont guarantee their product if their base coat hasn't been used.hope this helps

Using a base coat just wondered I'd the cement slurry would react
No need 4 the sbr if your using a base coat,straight on with rend aid its for low suction surfaces without a key as long as the paint is sound should be ok.

Got lads on it with scabbler and needle gun. Read through posts where a lot of people on here say dub out with sand and cement or sbr it but after several conversations with Webber they say they don't want either near their product how do people who do this view that

Every man has his way of doing things.
If on sound paint parex parinter is made for this.although I'm not sure I would mono/sand & cement over due to weight issue's.
I have covered with a bucket coat finish a few times though

Status
Not open for further replies.