Krend Silicone Spray Dash receiver?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

22jasper

Anyone ever use this stuff?

We're having problems with the gear setting in the cradle, below the R&S on the M300, reducing flow and straining the mixer.

Will spray ok for 20-30m2 from start up, but leave it any time, ie dropping between lifts etc, and it will spray for 5-6m2 , before straining,and us having to do a clean down.

Running from a tank, with water pump, flow rate is good, so not a intermittent water issue.

Anyone out there with any advice?

how old is ur rotor and stator. sounds like water is segregating from the mix so it may not be mixed properly ps how much is a bag how far will it go

how old is ur rotor and stator. sounds like water is segregating from the mix so it may not be mixed properly ps how much is a bag how far will it go

R&S is new.

Seems fine when sprayed to the wall, but suddenly will just stall in the hoses.

Silicone is approx 7-8 and covers approx 2.5m2. It pulls in too quick for my liking when hand applied. Even with machine, you got to take care with the joints.

I would go as far to say that the standard dash receiver is better.

maybe an issue with the bags, you say some bags go through then a problem so maybe the odd bag isnt mixing. Is the nip in the suction plate ok or worn down.

It's messy business ey?! The overspray and extra masking spraying dash receiver is enough to grind you down let alone pumping issues too. Pffff that'd test ur resolve alright. Good luck

So with this cont mixer does it give wet bits every time you stop it like a machine with the water dribbling in for a second? Not that it would matter I suppose as it just goes in the tub and blends in rather than a wet spray for a few secs?? If I was hand applying renders I'd have to have one. I can see potential for bulk bags of CPI for hand gangs.....how much is a ton of that? To compare with loose sand & cement and a belle mixer that everyone used round here I mean. Also I guess after a while you could pick up a swing m or something to ease into spraying if you wanted or just keep as is. Would be your choice.

i dunno if you get the wet bit ive not tried it yet but i wouldnt think it would cause any problem. Sand cement costs about £60 a ton cpi costs £150. Keeping a good 2+1 gang in muck all day needs a good labourer and a big mixer.

Hi nick.

Could you run it wetter.

Pretty much running it just right, any wetter and we're in slump terrirtory!

We have since been reversing R&S before every restart and physically removing any built up sludge between sprays from the cradle, using a long screwdriver, this seems to work, as we have had no probs since, though it would be hard to tell if this is the reason or a rogue bag/batch

Goody, we dont mask anything, there is little overspray if kept short of windows and soffits etc.

i only used the blue stick film for dashing, But "maite" would have me masking 2 houses down. It looks so innocent when wet but dries like a resin mmmpppphhh

Pretty much running it just right, any wetter and we're in slump terrirtory!

We have since been reversing R&S before every restart and physically removing any built up sludge between sprays from the cradle, using a long screwdriver, this seems to work, as we have had no probs since, though it would be hard to tell if this is the reason or a rogue bag/batch

Goody, we dont mask anything, there is little overspray if kept short of windows and soffits etc.

I had a worn conveying screw that gave similar problems. Changed it and it seemed to cure the problem. By the way we are just starting anEWI on a 3 million pound " I want to win an award for this building" architect's wet dream style house. The windows where a cool 200k plus. If I did not mask those powder coated babies then I'm sure the developer would not let me get the machine out my lock up let alone on his site. How do you deal with the odd bit of mortar that say drops onto the scaff lift below then rebounds up a window ??

Mark, the answer to your question lies in the correct use of a labourer well versed in the way of the sponge!

Occasionally we will use flexi corex type sheets,cut to window size and wedged into the openings - this works well when windows are the same size - cover and remove and place on to the next opening. Never masked for a dashing Job!

We are retrofitting Ewi at the moment, on two storey houses, using Krend, so scaff splashes are minimal anyway, and Krend washes out to nowt as well. Frames are uPVC - so easy to clean.

Tend to spray away from soffits and beads, but spray thicker in these areas, enabling us to trowel neat to angles etc.

Nick,

Im not saying that not masking is wrong,as we have sprayed without too,and in a manor as you suggest. But you know how expensive and easily marked powder coated construction elements are. A quick swipe of the grit impregnated sponge leaves a nice swirly sanded down mark.I'm just anal at the moment with masking as we have had a run of jobs with extremely expensive window fits. And if i sprayed with no protection,and there was a mark found on a window. You betcha some smart Alec would say " yeah I see the renderers spraying with no protection....it must have been them.

So on that basis we check all windows with developer before starting, have him sign them off and note any deffects. Then carefully cover them. It does not go un noticed and shows you have taken due care and dilligence.

Horses for courses, Mark

New build,prestige development etc = mask up

Social housing refurb,where the windows end up cleaner after the job, than when the job started = not a feckin' chance

I totally agree Nick. In fact as I typed the last post I had a vision of me on a retro fit housing estate,stomping around the scaff saying " nah, F***k the masking ..just get it on the wall"

I hope your doing OK out of and wish you good weather.

Nick,

Im not saying that not masking is wrong,as we have sprayed without too,and in a manor as you suggest. But you know how expensive and easily marked powder coated construction elements are. A quick swipe of the grit impregnated sponge leaves a nice swirly sanded down mark.I'm just anal at the moment with masking as we have had a run of jobs with extremely expensive window fits. And if i sprayed with no protection,and there was a mark found on a window. You betcha some smart Alec would say " yeah I see the renderers spraying with no protection....it must have been them.

So on that basis we check all windows with developer before starting, have him sign them off and note any deffects. Then carefully cover them. It does not go un noticed and shows you have taken due care and dilligence.

even if not for a practical purpose, masking serves froma litigation purpose at a later date, always mask, then if they are any comebacks with etching on glass etc it aint you.

News to me. Although Im in touch with Ryan tomorrow with regards to hiring the EZE for this project we have in Lewes, to see how it performs.

Have you sprayed top coat with it yet ??

Ryan told me you were going!!

Sprayed silicone texture with the EZE - you just have to be mindful of the colour shade your spraying, as a few of the more pastel shades are very deceiving to the eye in their coverage.

We have been caught out a few times, where immediately after spray, the finish looks fantastic, but after giving the texture time to draw in, there appears to be light/dark patches forming, where the spray is a little shallow. This is easily sorted with a little overspray.

We are using a white, so hopefully should be ok. But thanks for the heads up on that. We did over 700m2 of terracotta a couple of months back. Now theres a colour that can be cruel to you if you have not used it before.

White is great, you'll have no probs with that!

We're running a green deal scheme at the moment, where every participating private householder is getting EWI for nothing- their choice of colour is questionable, to say the least, we'll be making Cornwall resemble Ballamory in no time.

even if not for a practical purpose, masking serves froma litigation purpose at a later date, always mask, then if they are any comebacks with etching on glass etc it aint you.

when you spray owls don't aim at the window.....

Status
Not open for further replies.